• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How long to get off reserve at Mesaba?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just flew with several fos from mem an dtw, they said it took about 2 months after green line on the saab.

Hmm I had one month as a build up reserve on the Avro as a new hire followed by one month regular reserve. (not counting everyone in CVG being on reserve with the base closure) Then as a recall one month as regular reserve (by choice, could have been build up) followed by one month build up reserve.... next month it's a 14 day off line.

I'm a recent hire, and I've been told by many "in the know" type people that it's very unlikely I'll sit any reserve at all. Things are just moving so damn fast.

I spent almost 3 years on straight and build up reserve, but it sounds like times they are a changing

Just got done w/ IOE last week, green line in Sept. (hard line to get your time up), and it looks like I'll probably get a build up in Oct. No guarantees for me on that, and it could be totally different for someone that starts training right now.

The stint on reserve might be longer if awarded the 200 or 900 as we wait for those deliveries. Tons of movement, catch the hiring wave early and you'll be more worried about reserve as a Capt.

The stint on reserve might be longer if awarded the 200 or 900 as we wait for those deliveries. Tons of movement, catch the hiring wave early and you'll be more worried about reserve as a Capt.

And we have a winner, Tell them what he's won....
3 years on straight reserve as a Captain. (heck of alot better than straight reserve as FO)

That beats the crap out of the 2-3 years of straight reserve on the Saab in MEM as an FO. I lucked out and only served 8 months in 1999-2000.

I am very happy to see that there is finally some movement happening again at XJ for those that stuck it out. Hopefully XJ won't relapse to their tried and true ways to downgrading/furloughing everyone they upgraded/hired in the last 24 months.

Latest resources

Back