Just got the letter, "congrats... you are in the UPS pool."

Any idea how long the wait is?

Background:

App. 4/11/07
Psy. 4/13/07
Int. 5/31/07
Pool letter. 6/6/07

Thanks for the info.!

Congrats on getting the letter! To answer your question, the wait can be as short as 1 week to as long as indefinite. Some folks get real lucky and get called right away, but there are those that are still swimming from 2005. It totally sucks, but that is what we have in place. Good luck to you!

So if you get the call from PL, are you not in the "pool" since she overnights you the pee test, etc? Or is that still swimming?

Have an interview next week on Wed Jun 13th. Supposed to get an email detailing what to bring and where to stay. Still havent received it. When should I expect this info. Anyone?

I believe the whiz quiz means you're pulled from the pool. Get it done asap, and they'll put you in the next available class. Put it off a week... could cost you a class or 2.

So if you get the call from PL, are you not in the "pool" since she overnights you the pee test, etc? Or is that still swimming?[/quot

If you received the call for a whiz quiz you are on your way to a class date. UPS will send you to a labcorp near your home to leave the urine sample. They will also start the background check now.

After labcorp overnights the drug test you will probably receive the welcome call within 2 weeks or so.

I would not consider this being in the "Pool" although technically yes you are!

With your C17 time UPS probably wants you for the MD11.

Congrats!

Last edited:
Have an interview next week on Wed Jun 13th. Supposed to get an email detailing what to bring and where to stay. Still havent received it. When should I expect this info. Anyone?

I'd call if I was you.

I think the pool should be drained! I think the guys who interview and were put in should be taken out now. No more interviewing in till the pool is empty. No more pool. People may not like what I have to say about the pool, but this America right??? And as for the C17 will get you a MD slot. Not true. What they need you in is what you get. I had C17 guys in my class and they went to the DC8 Panel.

And congrats on not getting stuck in that pool. Welcome to Brown!!

LLB

Yes I was stuck in the pool for a long, long time.

Latest resources

Back