How long is Colgan's training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GenericPilot

Anyone know how long from start of training to finishing IOE at Colgan?

Where is training held?

Where are the new guys going?

How easy to move bases?

GenericPilot said:
Anyone know how long from start of training to finishing IOE at Colgan?
About two months, Beech is a little faster because the systems class takes a week shorter than Saab.

GenericPilot said:
Where is training held?
The ground school is usually at Manassas, VA. The sim could be in Houston or St.Louis.

GenericPilot said:
Where are the new guys going?

I think it varies, there are some guys that end up in Texas, others fly in the Northeast. There is a lot of movement and expansion right now in the company, so chances are that you will get a base of your choice within a short period of time. I just saw a guy with a seniority of 390, which is the double of what it was less than a year ago.

GenericPilot said:
How easy to move bases?

Very, and there plenty of them.

Hope this helps. FC.

Thanks-I'm headed to class in mid July

Thanks for all the info. I appreciate you taking the time to anwer my questions.
GP

Flying_Corporal said:
The ground school is usually at Manassas, VA. The sim could be in Houston or St.Louis.

They've had the Saab classes in Houston at the Something Suites there by Hobby. I guess the Beech classes are in Manassas, right?

Lots of movement at the company, which is nice for single folks, probibally pretty tough on the married ones. What did you get hired into, Saab or Beech?

Shy

One thing to know is that girl in Flying Corporal's avitar is NOT a colgan flight attendent. The situation in the avitar may be realistic though depending on which base you get. Again, sometimes when working at colgan you can't tell if you are working for a 121 carrier, or if you are on tour with Poison and Motley Crue. On occasion, after training you get some time off because they have no checkairman for you right away.

BRA said:
One thing to know is that girl in Flying Corporal's avitar is NOT a colgan flight attendent.

Hey Bra, you're right about the FA on the avitar, she is not from Colgan. But some FA are very pretty, though they are the ones that leave leave the company first.

Cheers, FC

Latest resources

Back