Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How long does a TSA clearance take once hired?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Smash312

Hi, I just interviewed at the begining of this month with a regional and have been told that I'm hired and that I should expect a groundschool date once my TSA clearance is done. Just wondering, does anyone know how long it takes? I'm figuring 3-4 wks, but I may be wrong.

It took a really long time last time I had to get one. Like 6 weeks. My training actually had to be postponed because of it, but this was an unusually long time since no one else I worked with had this problem.

Wow - as long as 6 weeks huh? I'm assuming thats on the long end (I hope!) Any stories of people getting them quicker? If so, what kind of timeframe? Thanks.

Really quickly unless there is someone else with your name that has gotten into trouble.

Yeah they have streamlined the process. I've been through it several times, most recently was last week, and they had the authorization completed the same day they received my fingerprints in the mail. A friend of mine did it at the same time - it was the first time for him and it was done within 3 days of getting his fingerprints. It says on the website an initial application will take no longer than 30 days now.

Maybe we are not talking about the same thing. I am talking about the TSA Alien Flight Training clearance, required for all non-us citizens.

Latest resources

Back