Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How long did Mesa operate the Fokker 70?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It was only a couple of years in the very early 90's. Risely got a very good lease deal because Fokker was near insolvency at that point. YV only had two of the "Fisher Price" F-70s; I think they flew between PHX and DSM and PHX and GEG.

wooferdog said:
It was only a couple of years in the very early 90's. Risely got a very good lease deal because Fokker was near insolvency at that point. YV only had two of the "Fisher Price" F-70s; I think they flew between PHX and DSM and PHX and GEG.

GEG for sure. Do you remember the dates? I'm assuming it was before the association with USAir that was the excuse for starting Freedom up.

regionaltard-

Mesa had Air Midwest at that point, so they were hooked-up with USAir in that regard. But, those F-70s came before any Regional Jet. I recall Larry Risely saying "There will never be a Regional Jet at Mesa."

Then you-know-who came along.

In the captions the author keeps making reference to the Beech 1900B. I've heard of the 1900C and 1900D...but what in the world is a 1900B?

Last edited:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Those pilots had to resign their seniority with the original subsidiary before accepting employment at Desert Sun. Two years later, when the DSA pilots were merged with the other Mesa subsidiary pilots into one seniority list, some DSA pilots lost significant seniority from their previous subsidiary seniority position.[/FONT]

Mesa.....ALways Been C*ockSuckersl, Always will!

Latest resources

Back