Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How long before an interview did you start...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dwstl2327

I was just wondering how long before a "hopeful" interview did you all start preparing?

I started around 700 hours or so, with some reading of interview books and then got into reading the gouges and seeing what regional i would like to apply at (by researching them a little) and doing a nice refresh of my FAR/AIM along with going over all the aircraft systems I have flown. I also had taught myself some Jepp charts also in there. I now am a few hours away from my thousand and am going over some typical HR questions, and past experiences in my logbook. I dont even have an interview yet, hoping for the end of August, early sept. Am i over preparing? It is not like i do this hours on end each day, I would say maybe 5-7 hours a week. Anyone else out there have any comments, or how long you started before?

When they called and offered me a job, but I was a very active flight instructor at the time so the knowledge wasn't really a problem. Keeping the joking to a minimum was however.

Just after i got my MEI i started preparing. Interviewed with comair last week, i hope my prep worked. still waiting for the ups man. =aviationinterviews.com
=questions questions book
=AIM
=pa44 manual
=jeps

I prep when I find out about an interview. I start with www.aviationinterviews.com and study the last 3 months worth of the gouges for that airline so you can pinpoint exactly what to study. Its worked out really good for me. It allows you to concentrate on one thing at a time so you dont have a mental breakdown before you interview. The gouges are the best thing out there!! Good Luck!! ASA is hiring at 600TT/100ME

The night before the interview..and have been offered every job that I have interviewed for.

700 hours and starting to prepare!

With 600 and 100 me most commuters are hiring! Start applying now!
Most interview "Gouge" can be found out there! Our whole Interview is posted online and we know it! No reason you shouldn't get hired. Biggest reason most guys don't: Poor Airmanship! You know basic attitude flying. If you've never flown anything Big, get some sim time. The Full Motion Sim thing has the ability to Psyche some guys out! You don't necessarily need the Full motion experience, but at least in something that will break the Speed Limit below 10...250. You don't know how many times I've heard the "Clacker" going off and guys crusing around at 350 kts at 5000 feet and they have no idea what they are hearing (or doing!). Some places don't use the full motion but most everyone uses something faster than a Seminole. You definitely want to read the "gouge" to find out what everyone else is been through previously!

Good Luck,
PSACPSP

dwstl2327 said:
I was just wondering how long before a "hopeful" interview did you all start preparing?

I started around 700 hours or so, with some reading of interview books and then got into reading the gouges and seeing what regional i would like to apply at (by researching them a little) and doing a nice refresh of my FAR/AIM along with going over all the aircraft systems I have flown. I also had taught myself some Jepp charts also in there. I now am a few hours away from my thousand and am going over some typical HR questions, and past experiences in my logbook. I dont even have an interview yet, hoping for the end of August, early sept. Am i over preparing? It is not like i do this hours on end each day, I would say maybe 5-7 hours a week. Anyone else out there have any comments, or how long you started before?

Latest resources

Back