How is QOL at Flight Options?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FalconPilot69 said:
IMO, frax is much more secure than a corporate job where you are told I need you now, but I may not need you in 3 or 6 months.

You have not read my book.

Fictional Ownership

The World's Greatest Con Job

Chapter 1. Is this a Pyramid Scheme?
If it talks like an Egyptian, and it walks like an Egyptian....

I worked at Flops for 1 1/2 years until I got my dream job. I found that the majority of the owners were friendly and polite. In my entire time there (in the BeechJet) I only served a handful of people coffee. Most were perfectly happy to wait on themselves. There was that 10% that was never satisfied, no matter how good things went, very much in line with the very vocal 10% of the pilot group that wouldn't be happy if they were making $200,000/year for sitting at home on reserve. Some people are just "glass is half empty" kind of people.

It's kind of a kick hearing some of the Citation III guys complain about being forced out of their cushy plane into something like a Hawker. Talk about a vocal group, take guys used to sitting on a broke plane all the time and then tell them they are actually going to have to go back to working for a living!

WrknStff said:
It's kind of a kick hearing some of the Citation III guys complain about being forced out of their cushy plane into something like a Hawker. Talk about a vocal group, take guys used to sitting on a broke plane all the time and then tell them they are actually going to have to go back to working for a living!

Now that's funny. The Citation III guys enjoyed not flying as much and now they will actually have to go to work on the 800XP... Yeah, I'd be upset too I guess.

C-III the truth

Heavy Set said:
Now that's funny. The Citation III guys enjoyed not flying as much and now they will actually have to go to work on the 800XP... Yeah, I'd be upset too I guess.

Dude I came out of the III program into the XP and I'm not flying any more then I did in the III. Yes some of the III's were hangar queens, like 3 of them. The rest were very dependable and the ones that worked worked hard to pick up the slack. You are speaking from a poorly informed position. Before you start taking shoots at a group of guys you might get your facts right.

Baron observed:

TheBaron said:
I worked at Flops for 1 1/2 years until I got my dream job. I found that the majority of the owners were friendly and polite. In my entire time there (in the BeechJet) I only served a handful of people coffee. Most were perfectly happy to wait on themselves. There was that 10% that was never satisfied, no matter how good things went, very much in line with the very vocal 10% of the pilot group that wouldn't be happy if they were making $200,000/year for sitting at home on reserve. Some people are just "glass is half empty" kind of people.

I'll second you on that Baron. Most of the folks get in and get out with no hassles. Some of the horror stories comes from pilots on the large cabin class that fly the Hollywood elites, who all think we bow down to them anyway!

In four years I've had only a couple of hard cases and I was briefed by the ACP on one of their flights that they might be an "interesting" owner.

Got a quick question that I couldnt find in a search here....

Last I heard options was going to the Tier system (though this was quite a while ago) but looking on the Airline Pilot Central options page it says that they are currently home based.

Whats the skinny with options domiciles? What are the gateways or whatever?

The domiciles are what they are today, but tomorrow might be different. We really don't get how they come up with the domicile policy. Right now our CEO said that Tier 2 domiciles are safe, but we don't trust that.

union is on the way!!

dime line said:
The domiciles are what they are today, but tomorrow might be different. We really don't get how they come up with the domicile policy. Right now our CEO said that Tier 2 domiciles are safe, but we don't trust that.

union is on the way!!

Thanks for that info. But what's the deal with certain pilots being hired and assigned to specific domiciles like ATL and maybe DAL (rumor)? Can a newhire immediately bid a specific Tier 2 domicile or have those only been grandfathered for existing FLOPS pilots?

What are the likely fixed domiciles (like ATL) for future newhires?

Latest resources

Back