• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FurloughedAgain

Cabin Heating & Air Tech.
Hello all,

I'm thinking about using Allegiant out of SGF to go to Orlando early next year with the family.

It's a nonstop flight and the price is more than $200 cheaper per person than airline Brand X.

I have two concerns. #1. What happens if the flight is for some reason canceled? (since they do not operate flights every day, do they have any obligation to get you to your destination?)

#2. Will Allegiant still be serving that market in 2009, 2010 and on? So, to that question i'm curious about load factors, possible increase in flight frequency etc.

Thanks in advance,
Potential customer

1) I don't think any airline has an obligation to get you to your destination if a flight or route cancels. I think the only obligation is to refund your money.

2) If you find someone to answer that question, ask for some lotto numbers while you're at it.

Load factor system wide last quarter was over 90% with a June system load factor of 94%. That being said, you know LF doesn't mean squat and if the market fails to make money they will pull out.

Right now we're making money and SGF is a good market. Tomorrow that could all change.

How's everything been?? Still enjoying Arkansas?

Yeah, Arkansas is nice except when you're trying to find an inexpensive way to get OUT! <grin>

Didn't mean to offend. Just wondered if Allegient historically would put pax on another carrier if a flight cancels, or if you are SOL.

Yeah, Arkansas is nice except when you're trying to find an inexpensive way to get OUT! <grin>

Didn't mean to offend. Just wondered if Allegient historically would put pax on another carrier if a flight cancels, or if you are SOL.

Well, when we canceled our SWF routes, they offered the passengers tickets on Air Tran or a refund. I don't recall any other situations.

Plus, unless we completely pull out of the market, our flights are rarely cancelled. The worst that may happen is that you get to Orlando hours late, but we'll get you there.

Latest resources

Back