Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"...it was a good thread until the racists got a hold of it."

Yeah.

Stupid Racists. Stupid discriminating Bastards...Let ALL the people be FREE! The Man can't keep us down!

1) People keep using the term "Black" pilot. That is not acceptable these days as we all know it's....AFRICAN-AMERICAN.

2) I am interested in the first Jewish Airline Pilot. When are they naming an aircraft after Him (or Her ) ?

3) What about the first Native American Airline Pilot? We really did a number on those poor Bastards and I don't see an airliner named after a single one.

4) Homos and Gays. What about the Gays? Heck, I knew a few guys that could shoot a Back-Course like nobody's business ( Let the jokes begin, I like playing the "Straight Man". Super-Double-Pun-Entendre' intended ) when are we naming an airliner after one of them?

5) How about Color-Blind Airline Pilots? ( Of which I am one ). Those who were told in no uncertain terms: "YOU can never be an airline pilot" and hurtled all obstacles to do so....Where's my Friggin' Airliner with my name on it?

6) How about all the Airline Pilots with really small cocks....Heck, EVERY other airliner in this country (World ) would have a name on it.

ETC. , ETC. , ETC.

Mods...Please lock this thread of useless and inane drivel.

Please?

YKMKR

Last edited:
The Delta party is pretty cool and they make a big deal about bringing your spouse, dressing up and celebrating.
Our's was pretty cool, too.

Two epaulettes and one set of wings in a sandwich bag tossed on the table during a 10 minute bathroom break during indoc training (which was a retired pilot reading the FOM word for word to us for a week).

Not a word from anyone--and it wasn't even a ziplock bag.

You know, it's the little things a major airline does for its pilots that tell you what they really think about them.

I still tear up when I think about it.

Last edited:
My ancestors cane to this country from europe a long, long time ago. I`m not a European American, I`m just a white guy from Alabama. The white guy that works on my motorcycle and the white hemotologist that lives down the street both imigrated from South Africa. They are truly African Americans, but they are really a couple of white guys that I know. I`m guessing, could be wrong though, that Whine Lover wasn`t born in Africa. I didn`t put in my two cents to be castigated about what I called my friend, Sam Graddy, who by the way refered to himself as "N1".

" I`m guessing, could be wrong though, that Whine Lover wasn`t born in Africa. "

That is CORRECT SIR.

Although, many so-called "studies" claim that we all have emanated from Africa.

Truly, your point about your Doctor being African-American is most correct.

Also, since you mention me specifically, I hope that you have not taken any of my statements as meant to castigate you personally (? ).

That was not my intent.

YKW

Last edited:
" I`m guessing, could be wrong though, that Whine Lover wasn`t born in Africa. "

That is CORRECT SIR.

Although, many so-called "studies" claim that we all have emanated from Africa.

Truly, your point about your Doctor being African-American is most correct.

Also, since you mention me specifically, I hope that you have not taken any of my statements as meant to castigate you personally (? ).

That was not my intent.

YKW
Nope...we`re all buddies here.

Our's was pretty cool, too.

Two epaulettes and one set of wings in a sandwich bag tossed on the table during a 10 minute bathroom break during indoc training (which was a retired pilot reading the FOM word for word to us for a week).

Not a word from anyone--and it wasn't even a ziplock bag.

You know, it's the little things a major airline does for its pilots that tell you what they really think about them.

I still tear up when I think about it.
where was this?

Under the influence?

Good story pilotyip, but unfortunately, that ain`t the way it was done (and still isn`t at Delta) How do I know you ask? Well, I hired on th September `66 and know the drill (retired July 97). Chief pilot wasn`t involved in hiring, still isn`t. Personell, now called HR gave the written tests, if they liked what they saw in your application, then Personell guy and a Captain, either retired or active gave an interview. If you got an "up" from them, you got to go and see the shrink, take the MMPI test and he (the doctor) put in his two cents. At the time I was hired, Big D had 15,000 applications on file with about a thousand guys that were acceptable. I`ve heard those tales about sitting outside the school house door, or a variation of the story also. BTW, Sam Graddy was the first black pilot hired, about `71. The first black naval aviator was killed in Korea in `51, shot down in a Corsair.BTW, first female pilot was hired about the same time frame as Sam...She had it a lot tougher than he did...you know, woman shouldn`t be in the cockpit, mans world, etc.
We were drinking a lot of wine, perhaps, I missed some of the fine point, but I know he got hired in about week, said he was driving up to ATL, a week later he was in class. Perhaps he had done the application prior to the drive, perhaps he had taken the tests, perhaps it was the hiring director and not the CP. Would that HR guy hang out in the CP's office? I wasn't there. But I know he disappeared from the squadron on 60 days terminal leave and was working for DAL. Bob is a great guy; I don't think he would make this stuff up. BTW they may have had 15K applications, but I bet not many were Navy pilots; the Navy guys did seem to get head of the line privileges. I know a bunch of guys from my squadron (VP45) got hired over a three year period at DAL between 67-70

Last edited:
Great post, those good ole days are gone. I think I may be stuck at a regional since I got a late start on my airline career by serving in the Army for too many years and then going to college. Sure hope being in a Delta Wholly owned regional (Mesaba) does not prevent me from getting hired at delta (opps, I forgot I think it does). I am one to think that the race issue need not have been brought up here. Being professionals in our career field we should all agree that ones skill as a pilot should not have anything to do with your race, color, or creed (I guess add gender in there as well)

Good day all, more stories would be great to add to this post.

Latest resources

Back