Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How I got hired at UAL, the good ole days.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rez O. Lewshun

Save the Profession
Got this from a friend of a friend whose wife flies for UAL....

Back in the day... well the 1990s, Nancy Stuke came to my all girls community college where I was majoring in home economics.... next think I knew I was in pilot class!

Hey it doesn't matter if it is true... is sounds great... as you said ... awesome...

Stuke was a ball buster.... if you know what I mean....

favor from Stuke

Back in the day... well the 1990s, Nancy Stuke came to my all girls community college where I was majoring in home economics.... next think I knew I was in pilot class!

She did me one the biggest favors in my life, but I did not know it. I got turned down for a job at UAL in 1996, at age 35. It would have been a dead end low paying job with a age 60 retirement. I made out much better at Zantop and USA Jet where I am still working at age 66. Thank you Nancy and your "Why did you get a "C" in difffy q in 1963?" question.

Such nonsence. There was an awful lot of government mandated minority hiring but don't you think this is a bit much. No chance your "friend" embellished the story huh??

She did me one the biggest favors in my life, but I did not know it. I got turned down for a job at UAL in 1996, at age 35. It would have been a dead end low paying job with a age 60 retirement. I made out much better at Zantop and USA Jet where I am still working at age 66. Thank you Nancy and your "Why did you get a "C" in difffy q in 1963?" question.

You age quickly.....Is that from flying nights?

The "good old days"? I guess it's a matter of perspective. They were well in the past by the 1990s from a pay/QOL point of view due to deregulation. However, the explosion of jobs in the deregulated market allowed many people into aviation careers that may have been shut out entirely.

I'm guessing you didn't do so well at the mental math part.

Perhaps UAL did itself a favor too?

Latest resources

Back