How Exactly Does the Non-Rev on Express Jet Work

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ace757

Hey everyone. Question, How exactly does non-rev on Express Jet work. I know you pay a fee, but what is it? Do you pay for each leg? Do you pay a different price than your wife, or companion? Does it cost more for first class?

And on another subject/........do you guys have a commuter clause?

Thanks

It may have changed but when I was there it was 10 bucks for you or anybody on your JA per trip, not per leg...so if it was 2 legs to your destination, it was still just 10 bucks. They do have a commuter clause, but it didn't help you in the event that the airplanes are full or the weather was bad (so it was basically useless). I know they had an LOA that one thing included in it was improving the commuter clause, but I think it got voted down.

Here's the deal dude,

$12.50 per leg for the employee and anyone on their JA (parents or wife or travel companion). If you list in First and DO NOT USE A VACATION PASS its around $42 domestic and I think around $100 or so Int'l. Vacation pass = free travel no matter what class or destination. Otherwise you get 10 buddy passes a year. Travel companion travel is unlim. you just pay the pass fee.

Yes we do have a commuter policy, but its not great.

Why, don't you already have a job?

Later.

This may not be 100% accurate, but you'll get the gist.

You get unlimited travel passes for those on your JA profile. This includes you, your spouse, your children (up to 18 years old, I think) and your parents. Instead of a spouse, you can designate a companion but that person is on your JA for the entire year. So there's no switching if you break up with your girfriend/boyfriend. If your parents are divorced, you can only pick one parent/step parent combo. You can always rotate every year to keep it equitable.

Domestically, the passes cost $10 for each direction plus tax, which is $2.50. So a round trip costs $25. This is a space-available (standby) ticket in coach and priority is based on your pass rider status and your hire date. As a pilot, of course, you can request the jumpseat and fly for free. You can also buy first class passes but don't bother because domestically Continental always fills up First by upgrading paying passengers. You'll almost never fly first domestically on a pass.

You also get 12 vacation passes per year to be used by those on your JA profile. These are good for anywhere CAL flies, including international. Better yet, you don't pay the fee and travel at the highest standby priority level. Also, internationally they don't upgrade passengers automatically, so if there's room up front, you get to fly first.

You also get 20 buddy passes per year, which you can give to anyone, but they're not a good deal. For coach, it's $50 one way and they travel at the lowest priority level. Unless they need to go somewhere at the last minute and the loads look good, I always tell people to pay a little more and buy a real ticket with a guaranteed seat.

The whole pass travel thing is a little more complicated that this, and there are certain caveats I haven't mentioned, but this should give you an idea.

As far as the commuter policy, we have one but I don't know how well it works. My advice is don't depend on it.

Being Jr at ASA could be a problem in the future. Im just keeping all my options open.

So which is it.....$10 per round trip, or $10 per leg?

Also what are the vacation passes?

Ace757 said:
So which is it.....$10 per round trip, or $10 per leg?

Also what are the vacation passes?

$20 round trip. If you start and end at the same place then it doesn't matter how many legs. +$2.50 for every time you go through security (say if you stop at a intermediate destination for a night....etc.)

Vacation passes are free passes that allow an upgrade to first class and travel at a higher status than the regular passes.

But if you jumpseat the ride is free. If you nonrev its 12.50 per trip. If you two leg somewhere its like 14.50 or so. Come on over while the water is nice.

Superpilot92 said:
But if you jumpseat the ride is free. If you nonrev its 12.50 per trip. If you two leg somewhere its like 14.50 or so. Come on over while the water is nice.

That right!!

Im might just do that. Im really giving it some serious thought. How hard do you think it would be to commute to ATL

Latest resources

Back