Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How does Virgin make a profit on $39 fare???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you're really gonna ask this question then you also need to ask How does usair lose money on $600 fares?

they don't sell all their seats at that rate. Just have to advertise it to get people interested.

they don't sell all their seats at that rate. Just have to advertise it to get people interested.

I think they actually do.... I took a trip from LAX to BOS a few weeks ago. I was watching their prices vs the open seats on the seat map. The price stayed at $90 each way until the day of departure and then went up, regardless of booked capacity. As the departure date drew near, the seat map went from wide open to nearly full and the flight left with just a few open seats.

The only seats they seem to sell at a premium are the exit rows and the 4 first class seats. So technically no, they don't sell all their seats at that rate; just most of them.

I think they actually do.... I took a trip from LAX to BOS a few weeks ago. I was watching their prices vs the open seats on the seat map. The price stayed at $90 each way until the day of departure and then went up, regardless of booked capacity. As the departure date drew near, the seat map went from wide open to nearly full and the flight left with just a few open seats.

The only seats they seem to sell at a premium are the exit rows and the 4 first class seats. So technically no, they don't sell all their seats at that rate; just most of them.

How was the flight?

They dont make money they have firehosed over half a billion into this company so far.. Except for the recent small profit accounting reshuffle reduction in cash on hand.
Give it a few more years and they'll be jblu's worst nightmare in lcc land.

Latest resources

Back