Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How do you think these domestic cutbacks will affect the regionals?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dude, your freaking avatar is gonna give me nightmares!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL. I know, it gave me nightmares when i was a kid. I also tend not to look outside on the wing at night.

I don't think they had enough horsepower in Ch.11 to get the kind of scope they needed.

I think there are NO mainline/regional one-for-one stipulations. :eek:

I also think there are no caps on UAX fleet size. :eek: :eek:

Basically, they are screwed. Regional lifers are in great shape however.

They had at least some horsepower but chose to pursue endeavors, that protected their most senior pilots paltry benefits.

I don't think they had enough horsepower in Ch.11 to get the kind of scope they needed.

I think there are NO mainline/regional one-for-one stipulations. :eek:

I also think there are no caps on UAX fleet size. :eek: :eek:

Basically, they are screwed. Regional lifers are in great shape however.

I did some research...

Regional flying is limited to 50% of total UAL flying. We're probably not there yet, but I'm guessing we're going to be soon.

They cannot replace mainline airplanes on a route with RJ's unless the company can show the mainline bird is not economical. Unfortunately I think the price of oil provides the contractual justification here.

I did some research...

Regional flying is limited to 50% of total UAL flying. We're probably not there yet, but I'm guessing we're going to be soon.

They cannot replace mainline airplanes on a route with RJ's unless the company can show the mainline bird is not economical. Unfortunately I think the price of oil provides the contractual justification here.

I could be wrong, but the last numbers I saw showed UA Express was about 1450 daily departures, while UA Mainline was around 1250.

Cutting capacity and keeping fequency creates more profit than cutting capacity and frequency to save on fuel costs. In other words, more RJ's will be used. 70-90 seat jets and turboprops to replace the 50 seaters.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back