• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How do you handle expenses?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I've got a company card and the company is delinquent on their payments is my credit being affected?

The upside to that downside risk is that if your company actually pays its bills on time, your credit can be substantially improved.

I already had pretty good credit (especially for a guy 3 years removed from college) but being tied to the company CCs improved my credit score over 30 points and helped secure a killer interest rate on my house back in the spring.

YMMV...

Company issued credit card for expenpenses company pays daily perdiem for meals. I dont think its right for any company to expect the crews to pay with their own means then reimburse them later.

I seen too many people eventually getting burned by the company, i.e. the company took their time with paying back reimbursements, on the other hand they were always in a hurry to do the trip, what a joke.

I dont think its right for any company to expect the crews to pay with their own means then reimburse them later.

I got news for ya. I have worked P91 for a couple great Flight Depts for over 20 yrs and we always did it this way and it was never a problem. We do it this way now and it is not a big deal. It just doesn't matter.

Now, if you are working for some cheesey P135 outfit, then I would agree. :)

I think you need to calculate the risks with this...I have had it both ways, company cards and personal cards for expenses.

If I was working for a smaller operation, I might lean more towards company cards than using my personal cards or at the very least, ask a lot of questions regarding liability and possibly a cash advance in order to cover potential loss.

Currently I work for a Fortune 200 company and the company policy is personal cards for expenses, for everyone in the company. The expense reports are online and the easiest I have ever used. After submitting the report I usually have a direct deposit in a day or so. When you are using your personal cards, the speed at which you are cut a check is a large factor in the process. If it took more than a week I would ask for company cards. I have one card that I use specifically for company expenses, nothing else, should anyone want to look into it, or if there should ever be a problem.

With the state of the industry, it is a good thing to be talking about, but there is risk in everything.

If I've got a company card and the company is delinquent on their payments is my credit being affected?

For those using a personal card and getting reimbursed your credit will be affected too! Your credit score will be pulled down because your credit report will show outstanding balances as money you owe. Even if you pay off the card in full each month you could easlily be carrying running balances of 10k-20k or more.

Using your own card can pile up points and rewards though just be sure you understand whats at stake.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back