• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How do you get from the terminal to the UPS ramp in PHL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think, again I said, I think you'll first need to make your way to "cargo city" where FDX, DHL, BAX and other cargo guys are. This is the easy part. Wait outside the terminal for the white city bus(es) labeled "CARGO CITY". This bus will drop you off by the US Air large MX hangar and the cargo outfits I mentioned above. Now from here it's just my guess, but I think that UPS or someone has a transfer to the UPS side.

I know for a fact how to get to cargo city as stated above but like I said the second part is just a guess. Hope It helps.

I'm pretty sure there is no way to go from the terminal to UPS that you need to go to cargo city first. I could be wrong though. I have friend that was based in SYR and lived in Philly that used to take (pre 911) the UPS 757 from SYR to PHL and then get a ride to the econo lot. I'll call him tomorrow and see what he knows and get back to you.

Or you could just try walking across the ramp, taxiways, and runways. That might work if you only need to do it once. Just kidding.

LearLove said:
I think, again I said, I think you'll first need to make your way to "cargo city" where FDX, DHL, BAX and other cargo guys are. This is the easy part. Wait outside the terminal for the white city bus(es) labeled "CARGO CITY". This bus will drop you off by the US Air large MX hangar and the cargo outfits I mentioned above. Now from here it's just my guess, but I think that UPS or someone has a transfer to the UPS side.

I know for a fact how to get to cargo city as stated above but like I said the second part is just a guess. Hope It helps.

I'm pretty sure there is no way to go from the terminal to UPS that you need to go to cargo city first. I could be wrong though. I have friend that was based in SYR and lived in Philly that used to take (pre 911) the UPS 757 from SYR to PHL and then get a ride to the econo lot. I'll call him tomorrow and see what he knows and get back to you.

I called my friend and he said that on his way in (in range I guess) the FO would call ops. for him and they would call a service/cab that was 6 bucks to get back a forth. This was back in the summer of 2001 pre911. Sorry I couldn't get more. I know another guy who just retired off the ups 727 who used to commute from phl but I guess he parked in the lot. He's up in AK fishing for the next few weeks but will ask him when he gets back.

the best way is really to just take a cab. It will be around ten bucks with a tip, unless you are a cheap captain, in which case it will be 8 or 9 <G>.

Our contract limo is Tropiano, but they are very expensive, like 30 bucks or so. Don't take them.

Good luck on your voyage

Much appreciated. Learlove, thanks for looking into it. I'm looking forward to what your buddy in Alaska has to say. Thanks.
Johnny

Latest resources

Back