How do you get a call from Jetblue??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
oldxfr8dog said:
Online recs are only looked at after the call to interview.
A "Blue Dart" (only a few given out and on a random basis) will get an applicant to the top of the stack for an interview.

Why is everything freaking BLUE at jetBLUE ? This is soooo corny

Rank&File said:
Speaking of getting a call from jetBlue, has anyone from the June 17th interview group heard if they've made it to Phase II?

Just got the Email this morning. Whoo-hoo. Phase II here I come.

If I remember correctly they'll pull applicants from 5 different backgrounds: 20% legacy furloughees, 20% commuters, 20% freight, 20% corporate, and 20% military. Obvious, on average the military guys will have lower TT but they are only competing with other military guys. 3000TT, 1800PIC sounds competitive for ex-military. In my new hire class the average TT was in excess of 7000 TT, 4000 turbojet, 2000 PIC, all had previous 121 experience on planes the size of A320 or larger;we had A320, B767, A330, MD11 drivers just to name a few.
But this was about a year ago and things may have changed.

Good luck,

Chronic Jetlag said:
If I remember correctly they'll pull applicants from 5 different backgrounds: 20% legacy furloughees, 20% commuters, 20% freight, 20% corporate, and 20% military. Obvious, on average the military guys will have lower TT but they are only competing with other military guys. 3000TT, 1800PIC sounds competitive for ex-military. In my new hire class the average TT was in excess of 7000 TT, 4000 turbojet, 2000 PIC, all had previous 121 experience on planes the size of A320 or larger;we had A320, B767, A330, MD11 drivers just to name a few.
But this was about a year ago and things may have changed.

Good luck,

What if I flew freight, military and legacy ? Do I have three times more chances to get the call ? NOT ! LOL

While I had not talked to anyone of late, the numbers posted by Chronic are what I thought was competitive. The 1800 all pic me jet and a rec letter may well be for military.

Latest resources

Back