How do you do it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jet_Driver said:
First year at Eagle, my wife and I had a baby. My wife stayed at home, still does now with the baby. We have two cars and we rent a 2BDR 1200 sq. ft. apartment with a garage and basement for $575. I have to drive a little further to work that way, but for that much, I can make it work. I give my wife a cash budget for groceries and stuff. We bank the per diem and she makes and send food with me (a lot cheaper than eating out). I eat out on trips sometimes. I plan on the overnights with the free breakfasts, manager special stuff for my drinking fix. You know. I buy tuna lunchkits for lunches and still, they're only $1.38. My wife nurses the baby, so we don't mess with formula and Gerber food. That stuff is a raquet anyway. We manage to make it and some months bank a little in the saving accnt. We just found out that we have another baby on the way and I bought a 2002 Town and Country minivan. All it takes is a good budget and make it work.

Man, were in god's name are you renting a 2BDr in Chicago for only $575 a month??

While y'all are considering your budget, be sure to factor in the cost of maintaining your uniform. Even if you're uber-lazy, like me, it only costs $2.42 to dryclean a shirt.

Latest resources

Back