Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Okay

Hello Folks,

After reading through these I had to chime in. I myself signed a contract at one of these S***T regionals. I have always been a man of my word and never screwed anyone over, especially for money. I just recently found out I am being sued by this s**t regional for leaving after 9 months. Before you out there start judging people for signing their name on something put yourself in their shoes. Try flying around blizzards in the Northeast with 7 or 8 deferred items daily. Try getting block times changed by company to keep you legal for one more leg because another plane broke down and that turn has to be covered somehow. Would you like yourself, your brother, sister, daughter, or son flying around in aircraft when they dont feel SAFE? Think about this and get out there and do some REAL flying before you judge. I would be logging the turbine PIC right now had I stayed, however, I refuse to sell my life and soul for some bas****s taking advantage of hard working pilots. Good luck in your careers.

I stand corrected on Horizon then. I bet they are probably competing with majors instead of other regionals. I can't imagine anyone leaving Horizon for another regional.

I feel better about the contracts now. Losing a medical is always a fact of life and I would hate to owe one some stupid contract when I can't even fly. good to know those are not problems.

I don't think I would mind signing a contract, especially if it is pro-rated like Colgan's. After the contract is up you are that much closer to upgrade so it would be pretty stupid to leave at that point.

Thanks for all the info guys

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back