How did it go so wrong, so fast ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hawkerflyer

Been reading about the situation at NJA, frustrations at Flex, uncertainty at Options and one of the few negative posts about CShares. Can anyone give an educated explanation as to the turning point in fractional flying ? As someone who's been doing charter for a while, the lifestyle always seemed to be the one bright spot on the fractional side. Not only is charter pay well below par but forget about quality of life. From what I've read, the expectations of pay and future aren't that out of whack. Is this what the future holds in this career ?
Good luck to all and safety first.

you will always have pilots that are not happy. i have been at citation shares for over a year and there might be things that we are not happy about but it sure is better then any commuter or other fractional

bravodude said:
you will always have pilots that are not happy. i have been at citation shares for over a year and there might be things that we are not happy about but it sure is better then any commuter or other fractional
AH yesssss. Come back and tell us what you think in 3 years about your job that is so much better than any other fractional.

as long as we dont have a union and we keep the same mgt. team i can tell you right now how it will be in 3 years. the same as it is today.

hawkerflyer said:
Been reading about the situation at NJA, frustrations at Flex, uncertainty at Options and one of the few negative posts about CShares. Can anyone give an educated explanation as to the turning point in fractional flying ?
Been wondering about this myself. Seems like only a few years ago many people where I work aspired to the fractionals. No more.

But then I can remember not so long ago that United was THE place to work around here.

I heard that to get ahead at citationshares you have to be a real a$$kisser. Is that how the merit system works there?

I came to fractional aviation expecting to much. I is a job and it is work. Working about one half the year is ok but starting on Sun and ending on Sat really blows and there is not end in site.

The NJA union is a joke. I would not bet on it but I suspect the TA will pass by a narrow margin and here we are off to the races.

bravodude said:
i have been at citation shares for over a year and there might be things that we are not happy about but it sure is better then any commuter or other fractional
So, you have worked at all the commuters and other fractionals for at least a couple years each in order to be qualified to make that comment, right? If not, you're just blowing smoke out your a$$.

bravodude said:
as long as we dont have a union and we keep the same mgt. team i can tell you right now how it will be in 3 years. the same as it is today.

Dude let go already I know it’s a merit system but Jeeeeeze you’re taking the skin off….

Latest resources

Back