• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How Delta Bought A Refinery And Wound Up Saving Its Rivals A Ton Of Cash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Red, the article states DL is saving between $240-320 million per year, and after some upgrades the refinery should be profitable this year. Didn't you say it was a bad idea? I think you did, you idiot. Other airlines probably did save some cash, but that shows why an airline should own a refinery, to get rid of the "middle man" that hurt the overall industry. You're welcome...

Wut wut? That's what I thought....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Hey Red, the article states DL is saving between $240-320 million per year, and after some upgrades the refinery should be profitable this year. Didn't you say it was a bad idea? I think you did, you idiot. Other airlines probably did save some cash, but that shows why an airline should own a refinery, to get rid of the "middle man" that hurt the overall industry. You're welcome...

Wut wut? That's what I thought....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hey Genny, here's a little homework for you.....go back and add up the quarterly loses. Let me know how many million in the hole this operation has accumulated so far.

8 quarters? Maybe close to 12 consecutive loses and your proud? I know you have plenty of time to check it out from your bunker in Utah.

But SW thanks you for helping us with the bottom line! Also on saving several million for taking the 717. Hell, you should be entitled to some SW profit sharing with the way things are going. Haha.

Hey doosh, try reading the thread title again. Although we aready know you reading comprehension issues from other threads.

Last edited:
Hey doosh, try reading the thread title again. Although we aready know you reading comprehension issues from other threads.

From the article with emphasis added for the reading comprehension challenged.

"Since Delta bought the refinery in 2012, the crack spread for jet fuel in the U.S. has dropped roughly six points, yielding a savings of $40 million dollars in fuel costs per point for the airline, Bhaskara told Business Insider. Based on his calculations, this change translates into annual savings upwards of $240 to $320 million for Delta alone. "

"Delta's big competitors, United Airlines and American Airlines, won't reap the same savings."

The math has always been a bit fuzzy from the company side since Monroe Energy doesn't report together with DAL corporation but what FDJ2 stated is all that matters Red.

You're Welcome!!!

The math has always been a bit fuzzy from the company side since Monroe Energy doesn't report together with DAL corporation but what FDJ2 stated is all that matters Red.

You're Welcome!!!

Red told me once on here he was the "Cliff Barnes" of SWA, knowing everything about the oil and refining business. Nah, he doesn't.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I love it when Genny opens his Pie Hole in the morning and then Delta single handedly takes down the whole industry during the day because of this....

"U.S. airlines stocks fall after Delta trims margin outlook"

full article..

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/03/us-airlines-stocks-idUSKBN0GY25L20140903

Thanks Delta! What a Village Idiot.

I really don't care what some Skywest dispatcher thinks or says, neither should you...
That being said, you really need to STFU when it comes to dragging the industry down.
SWA has done more damage to the industry in the form of:
PFT
No retirement
********************ty wages
Undercutting
And now, no growth, upgrades, and a shrinking airline.
Please, either ignore the guy posing as a DL pilot, or watch throwing rocks in your glass house!;)

I don't post much around here anymore, especially to the same obsolete digs about SWA, so you should consider this an honor Scoot...

SWA has done more damage to the industry in the form of:
PFT
How is SWA responsible for PFT? (yes, I know this question has been asked & answered millions of times already, but let's all hear Scoot's twisted version for the pure entertainment value)
No retirement
My 401k (9.3% match) and company profitsharing accounts would beg to differ. If you are talking about A-funds, I'd refer you to USAirways (East). They allowed the first domino to be knocked over on that subject.
********************ty wages
Per AirlinePilotCentral.com:
Delta 737-900 $212/hr
Southwest 737 $216/hr
You were saying?
Undercutting
You were saying?
And now, no growth, upgrades, and a shrinking airline.
1+1=1.7 in most mergers & acquisitions in the near term. Just ask any Delta, United, or (in about another year) AAmerican pilot.
In spite of that, you do realize we have had upgrade and new-hires classes almost every month this year (in addition to the ATN transition classes)
Please, either ignore the guy posing as a DL pilot, or watch throwing rocks in your glass house!;)
You should take your own advice. Maybe you'll sound less foolish and ignorant next time (doubt it).

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back