• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How deep the pool at Island Air?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
what is the current time to upgrade at MAC? whats the schedule, bases, pay? good company to work for? how many hours per month on avg.? thanks

I hear they have great housing rates at schofield if you sign a contract!

There is zero chance to upgrade unless you have the 135 mins to fly the caravan. If you do have the mins you can either start off as a F27 FO or caravan driver. After turning the autopilot on in the caravan for a year or so (and you meet the mins as a F27 CA) you can submit your bid for the left seat of the f27.
Schedule's not bad outside of living on the other side of the clock. I usually get 1 week off every 2-3 months (this depends on where you're based). I log around 40-45 hours a month working every week. The company’s not a bad one to work for, the money is nice ($25k as a FO to start), ops is pretty laid back, and the F27 is fairly heavy for a turboprop.

here are there published mins. http://216.189.73.74/index.cfm?Section=mac&Occurrence=17
I spoke to lady in HR who said that they won't interview anyone below, this was not the case 3 months when they held their last interview spree. like everyone else, they have resumes coming out their mail holes.
My advice, if you meet the mins send them a resume, the training contract is only for year during which you won't have to worry about getting furloghed. over 20 something years they have never axed a pilot due to a surplus (to my knowledge)

gl

update

Interviewed this week in ATL, talked to Nikki about the pool depth, she said: "there are 15 maybe 15-20 pilots in the pool currently". They were interviewing 20 more guys after myself (not in one day). Nikki also said the next class could be in January, nothing new here. I was told I'd hear something in 3-4 weeks.

Hoping for the best,

SR

Since they still have not sent the letters for the Aug interviews, I guess those numbers don't include anyone from Aug.
So the pool is probably more like 30.

Nikki also said the next class could be in January, nothing new here. I was told I'd hear something in 3-4 weeks.

I interviewed in mid August. I was told that there may be a class in October and to expect to hear something in 2-3 weeks. It has now been 8-9 weeks, there was no class in October, and I still have not heard anything. Neither have any of any of the other guys that I interviewed with. I called and spoke with Nikki about 2 weeks ago and she told me that "they havent gotten around to making any decision." Im not sure what to think.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back