How can you beat corporate flying?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chawbein

I was watching the Discovery Sleep (Wings) channel last night and Celebrity Wings came on. The episode was on Hugh Heffner, and the "Big Bunny". That would be the coolest thing in the world to fly Heff and the Bunnies around! Corporate aviation is where it's at, cooler airplanes and cooler people. Pure capitalism.

It aint always where its at....

While I do like corp flying very much and wont switch paths...

I still maintain the single best job in this business is a VERY senior Major Airline Captain who never got divorced.

but does that exist?

:D :D :D

How can you beat "GOOD" corporate flying

;)

Gulfstream 200 said:
I still maintain the single best job in this business is a VERY senior Major Airline Captain who never got divorced.

Oh I don't know.. just ask some of the guys at U and UAL about how their retirement is looking... I still maintain "a little bit of something is better than a whole lotta nothin'"

Remember if you have 20 years at a major and it goes away (EAL, Pan Am, Braniff, etc...) you get to go start out at the bottom somewhere again (can you say "First Year F/O pay AND Reserve!)...

In Corporate if your gig dries up, you can possibly walk into a Captain postion making the same or more than you were making... I have seen this happen to several people.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Gulfstream 200

I think it's a VERY senior Major Airline Captain who never got MARRIED!:D boxflyr

Best Job

I have just retired after 38 years with USAirways and flew the wide ones for the last 16 years. Although it was great,for the most part,I have friends that went the corp. route and had a better life. They have been in the same place for all these years and I have had 8 crew bases close that I was flying out of,lost 2/3 of my retirement and now looking for a part 91 job(if you know of any let me know). You never know which road to take until it ends. Mobs

^ ...ouch :(

I dont know Falcon Capt....

I DO now a few United guys who are worried....very senior guys. In fact one just cashed out early for a LOT of bucks. More than I will ever see in corporate...

but yes - those days are gone and will NEVER be back. NEVER.

It IS nice to be able to go get another job for decent bucks with a few type ratings and a little experiece in your pocket...thats for sure...
too many furloughed airline buddies now working at Home Depot etc...

I guess the grass is always greener....

I remember haering that "those days where pilots make 300K a year are over for ever" in the early 90's. I think those days will be back. However, days like these (now) will return also. Which airlines survive is anyone's guess. Very few would have picked Eastern and Pan Am as casualties of the last cycle.

I think that most corporate pilots have a more personal relationship with the principals and therefore have a more secure job, as long as the company/individual stays around.

From a quality of life standpoint, I'm home more, fly less, and make more than most of my airline buddies with comensurate experience levels. Plus, khakies and polo shirts beat the Capt. Stubing suit anyday....

Just my .02

Latest resources

Back