How can I do this?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flyifrvfr said:
The FAA passed a law last year making it a federal offense to even dream up of ways to skirt the 135 issue.
So now I can't even DREAM of it. Wow! What’s next?

Heyya said:
So now I can't even DREAM of it. Wow! What’s next?

My whole post was funny wasn't it??

Her is how I would do this.

I would create an LLC that you transfer the airplane to. Then I would have the companies agree to lease your aircraft from the LLC and pay the LLC for the aircraft. Have them pay you directly for your pilot services. ( I assume you have a commercial rating )

I would then make a formal application for a single pilot 135. Get that in hand then start holding yourself out to everyone for charter. It is opportunities like this that create the successful operations of the future. It is really up to you, do you have what it takes to go for it?

Peanut gallery said:
I would create an LLC that you transfer the airplane to. Then I would have the companies agree to lease your aircraft from the LLC and pay the LLC for the aircraft. Have them pay you directly for your pilot services. ( I assume you have a commercial rating )

I would then make a formal application for a single pilot 135. Get that in hand then start holding yourself out to everyone for charter. It is opportunities like this that create the successful operations of the future. It is really up to you, do you have what it takes to go for it?

Being that I am unemployed and someone is handing me their 182 to make money for them? Sure I have SOME time do work on this:)

I already have the customers, just need to get the paperwork & fun completed. Thanks for the advice.

After reading all the other posts, and as a former freight dog, I thought I read the statement "running".

If someone sees you loading something other than people day after day, I think it's only a matter of time until someone gets in your business.

Regardless of who owns the plane, and how legal it is

This is based on long experience with airports, airport employees, airport snitches, etc.

I wish you luck, and if you enjoy flying your Cessna it sounds like a great opportunity. It's too bad the FAA and other authorities jump down people's case over things like this, when it's completely harmless.

FWIW...I think it's AC120-12A that talks about the right/wrong way to do private carriage. I am working on getting a legal interpretation on this issue. It will make a difference as to whether I lease and aircraft, buy an aircraft, or have a company I'm working with lease an aircraft. Good luck and if ya find anything new out, please let me know. I am too trying to get this thing happening....

Latest resources

Back