Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fred Rogers

Neighbor
How bout it all you Colgan ALPA Chest Thumpers!!! Are we ready to make this thing happen? :pimp:

I've been hearing the same thing from almost everyone and the priority revolves around WORK RULES. :bawling: and how we don't have any!

I still hear lots of people saying "what can ALPA do for me" :confused:

It's not going to be what ALPA does for US, it's what we do for ourselves! ALPA is going to basically provide the means and the tools. We have to do the hammering. :smash:

This is from another thread...

CJC people - Read this and see an example of what ALPA can do for us. It is very important!!!

At the direction of your MEC, the Negotiating Committee met with Piedmont Management on June 19th and 20th to discuss the placement of large turboprop aircraft at Piedmont Airlines. Representing the pilots were MEC Chairman Capt. Gordon Daniel, Capt. Pete Genero, First Officer Adrian Osio, and First Officer Kevin Cameron. Assisting your Negotiating Committee were ALPA attorney Steve Nagrotsky and ALPA economic analyst Matry Sobol. Representing Piedmont management were Vice President of Operations Michael Scrobola and Attorney Claude Sullivan. There was an in-depth discussion of the concerns of both sides and initial proposals were exchanged. It was agreed to meet again on July 5th and 6th to continue our negotiations.

I think we should make a contract wish list, Christmas is just around the corner!
:beer:
Commuting Clause anyone?
:D

Last edited:
HA. HA. HA.

Look, I'm on a committee in ALPA. I've approached the organization within the context of our pilot group to affect change. But believe me, if you only knew what the heck that rhetoric above entailed, you'd withdraw it as a shining example of what ALPA can accomplish.

What you need is some semblance of unity, and move forward from there. Information is critical to that end. We don't get much from the above names. Ah, you can invoke the whole "need to know" thing... but hey, I doubt anything worth a dang came from it. I know the rates they want, because the DO told me so. Not my union.

The resources the union offers are golden, and are truly worth your 1.95%- things you will hopefully never need, but are there. The ability to affect real change? In time, yes. Now? Well, PCL_128 will blame me for the failure to be the juggernaut it isn't, but I've also managed to fly the line and do real work. All without a single meeting with anyone.

HA. HA. HA.

Look, I'm on a committee in ALPA. I've approached the organization within the context of our pilot group to affect change. But believe me, if you only knew what the heck that rhetoric above entailed, you'd withdraw it as a shining example of what ALPA can accomplish.

What you need is some semblance of unity, and move forward from there. Information is critical to that end. We don't get much from the above names. Ah, you can invoke the whole "need to know" thing... but hey, I doubt anything worth a dang came from it. I know the rates they want, because the DO told me so. Not my union.

The resources the union offers are golden, and are truly worth your 1.95%- things you will hopefully never need, but are there. The ability to affect real change? In time, yes. Now? Well, PCL_128 will blame me for the failure to be the juggernaut it isn't, but I've also managed to fly the line and do real work. All without a single meeting with anyone.

Are we not arguing the same side here? Maybe I’m just tired.

The thing I wanted to bring out from that quote is that there were 4 Piedmont pilots at the table, along with 2 ALPA reps. One was a lawyer and the other one had a title that many Colgan pilots may not even be aware existed.

Listen, one of the arguments from management is that it’s going to cost Colgan pilots money to have ALPA, the officers make big salaries, etc. etc. My point is to not only highlight where some of that money goes to, but also stress that we still have to do the work. Two Thirds of the people at that table were Piedmont pilots, and the other third was ALPA expertise.

Hopefully soon CJC pilots can have their own table to negotiate at, and we will need that expertise to travel in uncharted territory. We have never had a union. Most of the people here are at their first airline and have zero experience with this sort of thing.

Colgan guys – vote yes for ALPA

www.alpa.org/colgan

How bout it all you Colgan ALPA Chest Thumpers!!! Are we ready to make this thing happen? :pimp:

I've been hearing the same thing from almost everyone and the priority revolves around WORK RULES. :bawling: and how we don't have any!

I still hear lots of people saying "what can ALPA do for me" :confused:

It's not going to be what ALPA does for US, it's what we do for ourselves! ALPA is going to basically provide the means and the tools. We have to do the hammering. :smash:

This is from another thread...

CJC people - Read this and see an example of what ALPA can do for us. It is very important!!!

I think we should make a contract wish list, Christmas is just around the corner!
:beer:
Commuting Clause anyone?
:D

Remember what JFK said.

Colgan isn't the way it was. We need a set of work rules. A fence. And some respect. We need a seat at the table. Colgan pilots will not be pimped out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Colgan pilots and FA's for that matter need to join together, vote in the union and get tough. It is time to reap rewards for our hard work over the years. It is because of LABOR airlines fly. Never forget that. We are all BLUE collar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colgan isn't the way it was. We need a set of work rules. A fence. And some respect. We need a seat at the table. Colgan pilots will not be pimped out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Colgan pilots and FA's for that matter need to join together, vote in the union and get tough. It is time to reap rewards for our hard work over the years. It is because of LABOR airlines fly. Never forget that. We are all BLUE collar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well said

Latest resources

Back