Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atpcliff

Lawmaker proposes fatigue rules for cargo pilots
Rep. Chip Cravaack, R-Minn., proposed legislation this week to require cargo operators to adopt the same pilot-fatigue rules as those for passenger pilots. However, the cargo industry says it does not have pilots fly as many hours per month as passenger pilots. "Our segment of the industry is unique and it provides more and longer rest opportunities for its flight-crew members," said Steve Alterman, president of the Cargo Airline Association.

cliff
GRB

Lawmaker proposes fatigue rules for cargo pilots
Rep. Chip Cravaack, R-Minn., proposed legislation this week to require cargo operators to adopt the same pilot-fatigue rules as those for passenger pilots. However, the cargo industry says it does not have pilots fly as many hours per month as passenger pilots. "Our segment of the industry is unique and it provides more and longer rest opportunities for its flight-crew members," said Steve Alterman, president of the Cargo Airline Association.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yes, everybody knows that freight dogs are the most well-rested in the industry! They're also the most genteel, sober, and chaste.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yes, everybody knows that freight dogs are the most well-rested in the industry! They're also the most genteel, sober, and chaste.

Yes if they are the most well rested then it should be no problem abiding by the new rest rules!

AFA Response

I see that AFA (Airlines For America - former ATA) has responded and think the Congressman's Bill is totally unnecessary and that the FAA was correct in carving out the Cargo Pilots. It did not take long for the phone in SDF/MEM to start ringing when this bill was submitted.:smash:

I'm surprised that it's a Republican sponsoring the bill. "Government regulations strangling private industry" and all that...

Former NWA Cargo Guy

The Congressman is a former NWA 747-200F pilot and heads several Commitee's on Aviation and Safety. Hopefully this will stick and get some support.

Almost choked and launched my coffee towards my screen while trying not to laugh at the comment: "Our segment of the industry is unique and it provides more and longer rest opportunities for its flight-crew members,"

Latest resources

Back