Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
3 inch reinforced cockpit doors

Give me a break...

Some one hold Suzy down I'll go and grab the troll spray!

:eek:

TMMT

guns

well, that means that when i send my resume in i will want to high lite my experance with ksc, and all the anti terriost training that i recived and the weapons training, among other types of training.

soon may be pilots will wear bullet proof vest like we use to wear, had go up one size in shirts so you could not tell.

will they be carring glocs?? :cool:

Give Suzy a break. 3'' bullet proof cocpit doors is not a bad idea. Do you think its going to be easy getting into a gun fight with some terrorist who is not worried about his life. Alot of people talk about what they can and will do to one of these terrorists including myself. Its easier said than done.

Arming flight crews

I have thought of this issue and do feel that the last resort measure of the gun should be available to the flight crew. I'd rather risk the life of one passenger than many by being shot down by an F16.

As a liberal I am thrilled to see Sen. Boxer standing up and saying yes to arming flight crews. Good job! She also has been a sharp and badly needed critic of the FAA.

plan

The problem here is on the ground, not in the air.

We are going to put thousands of guns on airports around the country. OK, we will put this lockbox in the cockpit. That solves the problems. After all, no one has access to the cockpit except pilots right, and they are going to be the only people that have keys right, like no one except a crew member has a cockpit key right. Heh who put the dummy bullets in here.

When the terrorist starts pounding on your door, here is your first opportunity to legitmately do aerobatics in your Boeing XXX and watch him try and hold on.

Kilo,

Looks like you, me, and Barbara have something to agree on after all!

Daresuzy-

Unless you are going to replace the pilot seats with commodes, that door, no matter how thick, has to be opened. Do you want to be on an aircraft that must be shot down because the pilots were defenseless?

Gun in the lockbox idea is OK I guess. Its more of a deterrant than anything else. In a situation where the pilots have sufficient time to access the gun, it could work, but in a situation where the cockpit door was opened for whatever reason, and someone storms the cockpit, then "Houston, we've got a problem". By the way, you don't really think the next terrorist threat is going to come from the sky, do you? So far, the only people we've stopped from entering the cockpit have been "mentally disturbed", and not linked to any terrorist groups. More time and money needs to be spent on screening and YES profiling passengers.

Latest resources

Back