Hour requirements?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Palerider957 said:
To be honest ASA has had some problems with training helo pilots. This is not a slam on rotor guys, but going from low and slow in VFR, to a rigorous airline environment has washed more than a few guys out.

Just make sure your instrument skills stay current and sharp.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm working on my CFI-IA right now, I've got one private student in the airplane right now who wants to go right on to his instrument after that is done, so hopefully I'll get current and sharp with some fixed-wing instrument students.

Hi!

Go to www.aptap.org for more helo-->FW conversion help.

CLiff
DTW

957 low slow VFR only?

957 has not meet the helo driver's I have, the ones we interviewed were inst current in their helos, and the glass cockpit in many of the later model helos are probably as well equiped as most RJ's. What is low and slow an RJ, on final at 200' is lower and slower than most late model helo's. I would also say it is save bet that the helo driver in that late model helo will transistion into your RJ a lot faster than an RJ pilot will transistion in the a late model hi tech helo.

depends on which helo pilot you're talking about. we had a national guard helo pilot that had to go bye bye. since he's been gone, there hasn't been a flat spot on our caravan tires.

Depends upon the pilot

WrightAvia, exactally we had to let a fixed wing turbin PIC background guy go for the same reason. The sin is not confined to the type of airplane you flew, but because of the skill the pilot has in his head. Soem helo guys will do it, some fixed wing guys will do it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back