Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

saabtrash

I suck.
I'm heading out there around the 31st of July, kind of aiming to stay in the fisherman's wharf area. Anyone know of any good places to stay that maye offer an airline discount? Thanks.

Radisson Hotel Fisherman's Wharf

250 Beach St, San Francisco, CA 94133
Reservations: (800) 333-3333 USA
Telephone: (415) 392-6700 Fax: (415) 986-7853

Stayed here about 2 years ago with the better half. This is our crew hotel for long layovers. I think the rate they gave me was $65 a night. Took a shuttle from SFO to the hotel for about $15. Make sure you get a BART pass when you are there. Lets you ride everything- bus, cable, street cars, train unlimitted.

Check out the financial district / Union Square...much nicer than Fishermans Wharf...and still easily within walking distance.

while at the wharf look out for the Bushman.

If this is a for sure trip go to hotwire.com and select fishermans warf, marina and embarcidero, (embarcidero is the nicest). Ive stayed at 4 star hotel before for around 119, that are usully 270 a night. the only thing is that you only get a star raiting and a location on the hotel you are staying at. you wont get the name till after you purchace it. Also they are non refundable and you cant change them. The star raiting are very accuret. For example a 4 star would be somthing like a hyatt. If its a slow weekend you can really get something nice for nothing.

Parking

Watch out for overnight parking charges at the hotels. Just paid $46.00 per night for one car at the Stanford Court. Ouch!

Car is a liability is SF. Save your money and take BART from the airport. If you don't have kids, stay at the Holiday Inn in Civic Center. The central location is not great for hanging out, but it is a great launch point to reach key areas of SF. Also, SF Bay Area has the second most expensive hotel rooms in the U.S. after New York City...and Fisherman's Warf has the highest prices on the west coast...so I would avoid the Warf. You can take the trolly to Fisherman's Warf...it's a great ride. after dealing with the Warf, you can go to Union Square, SOMA and North Beach for the nightlife.

This is the peak of the travel season, so your hotel rates will be higher than normal...

Last edited:
Cool, hey I'm heading out there next week, Its kind of too late but maybe next time you head out there do this. I signed up with Omni Hotels as a preferred guest(free -on their website) and they sent me a coupon for 50% weekend stays at any OMNI excluding NYC for the weekend plus another coupon for a free room upgrade. Me and my gf will be staying there from the 29-31. Great rate for a 5-star hotel!
Can anyone recommend a good place to park around Union Square/Financial District area with in-and-out priveleges.
When you go check out this restaurant on Pier 39 that specializes in clam chowder soup, its the bomb- they serve it to you in a sourdough bread bowl! Also, I remember there was this Italian in North Beach that served gummy bears for desert, but the butter they serve you with the bread in the beginning is unbelievable! I hope SF isnt too crowded and I can get a good parking space.

Thanks for all of the advice, I tried the radisson, but the airline discount only brought it down to $140 per night...lame. For future reference I tried priceline.com on a whim and got the Fisherman's Wharf Hyatt for $90 per night, on their website they were charging $200 per night, pretty sweet deal.

Sfo

I stayed at the Hyatt a few years ago, its an older property, but very nice. Walking distance to Fishermans Wharf, Pier 39, Ghiradelli's Chocolate Factory and the Hyde Street cable car turn around. I even checked my e-mail at a cyber cafe at Pier 39. There is a wax museum near that has some very nice displays and exhibits.

I forgot to mention that you need to go to the Buena Vista Cafe, its near the cable car turn around at the end of Hyde Street. The best breakfast that I've eaten was there, as well as an Irish Coffee was said to have been invented there. An Irish Coffee at 10:00 am is great.

http://www.thebuenavista.com/irishcoffee.html

Last edited:
Spooky 1 said:
Watch out for overnight parking charges at the hotels. Just paid $46.00 per night for one car at the Stanford Court. Ouch!

Did same thing...he probably forgot to mention his room was probably free --it is a Marriott and Corp pilots luvs da Marriotts. Nice location but weak property. We moved after one night- to Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay- now that was a nice property. It is a Marriott as well.:)

Latest resources

Back