Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gto2002

click click boom
i got an interveiw with air cargo carriers. Any suggestions on hotels to stay and will the shuttles take you there?

Thankx

We stay at the :

Clarion Hotel Airport (WI008)
5311 S. Howell Ave. , Milwaukee, WI, US, 53207
Phone: (414) 481-2400 Fax: (414) 481-4471

I think the ACC rate is 40 or 45 a night. Just say you are with ACC to get the rate. And then pay with your own credit card. They NEVER ask for ID.

For reference the address of ACC is 4951 S. Howell...so it is within walking distance and they do have an airport shuttle...but it is so close the terminal you could walk if worse came to worse.

Hotel info http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/pdf/en-US/WI008

Wanked

Last edited:
If you get to fly to MCI then you will not need a hotel. You will sleep in the FBO. At least the last time that I was in MCI I had tio step over a bunch of bodies to get to the lounge.

Yeah, they are there for a couple of hours...not the best situation...but I guess it happens.

At least we don't share rooms on charter!

Wanked

Air Cargo; take some control

You guys really need to get control of that situation. That sets a bad precedent. Especially when the management at Executive beechcraft will not kick you out. Your management should put you up in hotels. It is an industry standard. If you were staying at an FBO that had crew rooms it would be different. You guys are being taken advantage of. I know what the FO requirements are there (if they have not changed lately)

sf260pilot said:
You guys really need to get control of that situation. That sets a bad precedent. Especially when the management at Executive beechcraft will not kick you out. Your management should put you up in hotels. It is an industry standard. If you were staying at an FBO that had crew rooms it would be different. You guys are being taken advantage of. I know what the FO requirements are there (if they have not changed lately)

I really like to stick up for my company...but in this case there really is not much to say about it. It is a bad situation and I do not understand why the crews even put up with it. Let alone Exec Beech...

Never the less...that is why I am / and enjoy the charter side of our company. You have two worlds here...and I like the charter side of it. And since I am on the charter side....stop saying "you" cause it ain't me ;)

What have you heard about the FO requirments?

Wanked

Edit:

I just rememberd I did indeed fill in one night and sleep on the floor in Exec Beech. It was a bit weird but I did sleep good. The one thing that REALLY pissed me off was some jack off ...who felt clearly felt the same way you did...popped in the flight planning room ....flipped on all the lights....picked up the phone and called FSS and wasn't exaclty bashful about his loudness. Maybe he was deaf...I don't know.

But you know...what a child...if he doesn't like what is going on there...I really think he should have gone about it in a different way. Instead of taking it out on the fellow pilot who is trying to get a little sleep.

Granted it is his right to use the facilities like they were designed...but honestly...have a little compassion. What a tool.

Rant done.

Last edited:
I know of FOs who paid the CO. for their jobs. I know who the dispatchers are that run the on demand side. I really do not want to say too much because I do have really good friend who work for ACC. I just wish that the management up in MKE would quit taking advantage of the crews who have an extended stay in KC and the Exec Beech people who put up with it. How do you think I felt when I had to step all around the bodies and then be real quiet to file a flight plan only to have a freight delay and have no place to rest. I bought fuel from the FBO and incurred a freight delay and had no place to get an hours worth of shut-eye. The guys that I know who had to sleep on the floor there, they did this every night for at least six hours a night and five days a week. Do not ask me who or when because a suspect that it is still happenning. As a former chief pilot I think that this practice is apalling.

By the way please don't grade spelling tonight. It is Friday night!

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree with you ... it does suck.

The PFT is done at ACC....gotta interview and get the job thru normal routes. Glad to hear it:)

Wanked

Hey GTO check your pm...

Speaking of ACC, I'm in the pool and waiting for a class date... if anyone has any rumors in that dept please spread them in my direction!!

Latest resources

Back