Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

User546

The Ultimate Show Stopper
We stay at a lot of chain hotels, and I've been thinking seriously about getting some of these "reward" cards that all the corporate/contract pilots seem to carry.

My question is this:
What cards are good to have, which cards aren't worth having? What cards give you the most benefits? How do I go about applying or getting some of these cards?

On top of that, could someone educate me briefly on having/using these cards?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Basically, sign up for all of them at the hotel chains you stay at the most, there is no cost, so there is no harm in signing up... We tend to stay at mostly Marriott's, so I am a Platinum Member there and have about 650,000 points currently... I have some points in the other hotel chain programs, but Marriott is by far the best one I have...

get em all!
BUT try and maximize one. Marriott is good because they are everywhere and you can use the points for some good sheet! you can get free stays, vacations, merchandise or give relatives a nice gift. and if you travel a lot like we do--it adds up.:)

I use Hilton Honors the most. We always stay at Embassy, Hilton, and Hampton Inn. I roll that into SWA frequent flyer program and get a free roundtrip every few months. It's well-worth it. As they said, sign up for all the free stuff you can.

User997 said:
We stay at a lot of chain hotels, and I've been thinking seriously about getting some of these "reward" cards that all the corporate/contract pilots seem to carry.

My question is this:
What cards are good to have, which cards aren't worth having? What cards give you the most benefits? How do I go about applying or getting some of these cards?

On top of that, could someone educate me briefly on having/using these cards?

Thanks in advance for the help!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459415&highlight=rewards

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460071

Flyertalk has great information from very frequently business travelers regarding the airline, hotel and car programs. Many more obsessed members than even here on flightinfo. Many hidden promos that you'll find as well.

I think Hilton Rewards is the best deal. Not only do you get points towards free stays you get 500 airline miles per stay as well. Most other programs are either points or miles but not both. 500 miles per stay adds up quick at this job.

Also, don't carry all those cards around in your pocket. Take a business card and write the numbers down on the back. Keep that in your photo holder or someplace easy to access. Those rewards cards take up a lot of space after you get a few of 'em. :)

The short answer is Marriott, Hilton, Holliday Inn, the rest aren't worth having, they don't have enough affiliates. I have large balances on all three. Easiest to redeem is Holliday Inn, Hilton pretty easy, Marriott is harder for rooms. never have to pay for ahotel room again.

If you are getting Holiday Inn points, it's time to start looking for a better job :)

Latest resources

Back