Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BenderGonzales

Hello all,

Does anyone know if there are any hotels in Washington DC with a metro-station on-site?

We're planning on visiting in January or February and I dont want to spend a lot of time walking outdoors in the snow.

BenderGonzales said:
Hello all,

Does anyone know if there are any hotels in Washington DC with a metro-station on-site?

We're planning on visiting in January or February and I dont want to spend a lot of time walking outdoors in the snow.

There are. What part of the city do you want to stay in? There's also plenty in Arlington as well. FWIW there really isn't that much snow to worry about most of the time.

I'm open to suggestions regarding which part of town to stay in too.

Things we want to see:

Me - The Air and Space museum (and we'll take the bus out to the Udvar Hazy museum too). The capital, the White House, the spy museum.

Her - A show at Kenedy Center, the Museum of American History, maybe some touristy stuff (read: shopping/dining)

I suppose if the hotel is on the metro though, anywhere is fine. I'd like to stay someplace nice -- maybe one of the hotel-chains that has the new pillowtop mattresses, like Sheraton, Westin, Hampton, etc.

I hate gas prices, all these damn trips my brothers talk about being able to have done, and I can't do jack cuz it'd be cheaper to fly to DC or Arizona or Florida!

I wanted to do Alaska too!

I'm trying to think... I lived in or around the city for six years, but never had to stay in a hotel.

I know where the absolute cheapest, non-infested, metro-located hotel is on the VA side of the river... it's an EconoLodge in East Falls church, near I66.

If you stay *in* DC proper, Georgetown is technically not metro-accessible, although there are busses and it is not a bad walk from Foggy Bottom. Foggy Bottom doesn't have very many majors hotel chains right near the metro.

To be honest, I'm more familiar with the VA side of things. Rosslyn has PLENTY of hotels within easy walking distance of the metro. It's technically North Arlington, but anything that advertises themselves as "Rosslyn" should be an easy walk to the metro. I think some advertise themselves as "Key Bridge" as well.

Further south, closer to DCA, there is nothing *on* the DCA metro stop. It basically serves the airport only. For that part of town, the best bet is probably Crystal City. It's actually S. Arlington, but anything advertising itself as "Crystal City" should fit your bill.

The two areas are on separate metro lines, but the way the lines run, you will be very close to the things you want to do. If you stay out in MD (I don't suggest it) you'll have a much longer ride, plus you'll have to transfer lines.

If you're looking for a specific hotel, sorry I didn't name one. The Rosslyn area has enough of the major chains that you won't have a problem. There are PLENTY of hotels within a 4-block radius of Rosslyn for sure. It's probably cheaper than downtown and just as convenient.

BenderG.,

Crystal City is in VA. There is a Hampton Inn as well as other full service hotels there... next to the Crystal City Metro stop.

Look at the Metro map and you can find stations where hotels will be.... In the DC area, you'll spend around $60-80 for a hotel... If you book in advance you get a cheaper deal....

That Hampton in Crystal City is your best bet. You can fly into National and they will pick you up from the airport, or you could walk it if need be. You can take the metro from there. They have crew rates and free breakfast.

Before you come to town, contact your congressman months in advance to see if you can get a White House/Capital Tour. They'll put you on a waiting list.

Latest resources

Back