• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Northpilot

Amazing story that all have to read.

Runaway pilot faced sex charges

Canadian Press

Tuesday, September 30, 2003

A man who crashed a stolen plane in a field near Montreal was facing two sex charges in Maine, police said Tuesday.

Jason Begin, 25, of Lewiston, Me., reportedly hot-wired a Cessna 150 from Twitchell's Airport on Saturday morning and ran out of fuel three hours later near Montreal.

Begin, who does not have a pilot's licence, suffered minor injuries. Police believe he may have taught himself how to fly with a computer program.

Sgt. William Gagne of the Androscoggin County Sheriff's Department said Begin was out on bail on charges of unlawful sexual contact and gross sexual assault.

A warrant has been issued in Maine charging Begin with theft and violating bail conditions. He will be extradited to Maine as soon as the Canadian courts are finished with him, Gagne said.

The plane, which was owned by Cedric Abbott of Buckfield and valued at $24,000 US, was a total loss, authorities said.
© Copyright 2003 Canadian Press

http://canada.com/montreal/story.asp?id=8603FEC6-0EF4-402A-882A-9BFB31F1B5DD

From Canadian Press:
"Police believe he may have taught himself how to fly with a computer program."
I guess the TSA will start tracking purchases of Microsoft FlightSimulator now... :rolleyes:

wow, I didn't realize there were lessons on MSFL that teach you how to "hot wire" a 152? :p

Is that a difficult procedure?

wickedpilot said:
wow, I didn't realize there were lessons on MSFL that teach you how to "hot wire" a 152? :p

Is that a difficult procedure?

Insert screwdriver into mag switch/keyhole and turn... Voila!:D Not that I <ahem> have ever tried it....;)

SK:cool:

He did what?

Am I missing something here?. At what point did this guy sexually assualt and have sexual contact with the mighty C-150?..

Re: Re: Hot-wired C-150 & pilot faces Sex Charges

Typhoon1244 said:
I guess the TSA will start tracking purchases of Microsoft FlightSimulator now... :rolleyes:

Great now I am being tracked by the TSA for another reason.

Wonder how many years they are going back, because I have had at least 5 copies since I was a wee little lad.

I've you've ever been to Twitchell's, (about 25 north of PWM) well, it's the kind of place you just expect weird things to happen. I hope for the owner's sake that the aircraft was insured, but I highly doubt that it was. It's an airport where "composite construction" means duct tape and chicken wire. Good place to get a float rating, however.

Latest resources

Back