Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Singlecoil

I don't reMember
Heard a rumor while jumpseating yesterday that the FAA is after the Chief Pilot, VP of Ops (not the one retiring) and the SEA Asst Chief Pilot (not the new one). The FAA is P'O'ed about them giving the carpet dance to pilots who wrote up legitimate discrepancies. I was told that they would all have to lose their positions to avoid certificate action. Sounds interesting anyway.

I heard that they had a choice -

A - Step down and No cert action OR

B - Castration and stay in office

What would you choose + why ??

Hey Doug? Don't you have an airline to run? Must be nice having time to play on the computer during a work day.

Singlecoil said:
Heard a rumor while jumpseating yesterday that the FAA is after the Chief Pilot, VP of Ops (not the one retiring) and the SEA Asst Chief Pilot (not the new one). The FAA is P'O'ed about them giving the carpet dance to pilots who wrote up legitimate discrepancies. I was told that they would all have to lose their positions to avoid certificate action. Sounds interesting anyway.

Just more proof that Err Group managers are a little slower than the other kids their age. The beating that was administered the last time they tried something like this trying to browbeat a pilot group at contract time obviously didn't make much of an impression.

Nope. It'll only happen to one. The one that is already leaving. Seems these things have a way of working out that way.

That's my bet on this one, too.

I also hear that they are looking very hard to find the ideal "dead crow on the fence" over a lingering issue that has nothing to do with discrepancies. It is completely operational and cannot in any way be tied to "contract time". I have additional money that says they will absolutely find one.

Last edited:
flx757 said:
Nope. It'll only happen to one. The one that is already leaving. Seems these things have a way of working out that way.

That's my bet on this one, too.

I assume you are talking about the former ass bcp. I could see them sticking it all on him and saing well he is gone so the problem is solved. Ofcourse he was scheduled to retire in the beginning of 06 anyway. Or they could always say well it was really Fagley's fault, and he is leaving too.

It would be great to see some need blood at the CP and VP of ops position.
On the other hand a castration would be good also. This way they'll begin to understand the kasherstration we got back in May.
flx, can you elaborate on the "dead crow on the fence" thing?

Latest resources

Back