Hot AIR News Headline: Comair is Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DrewBlows said:
You made a blanket statement that junior pilots (which I am) would say that flight instructing and unemployment was bettter.

That wasn't what I said. I said to "ask" some junior pilots and they might tell you it was better. I wasn't putting words into anyones mouth. I know some and they feel that the quality of life at Comair is not worth holding onto and they have moved on to other things. Apparently that is what you are trying to do as well and I wish you luck.

standaman said:
We have not had any new hire pilots since October 2005. Training for a couple of new hire classes begins in a week (June 26 I think). Better to ask that question after that time.

June 26 class was canceled. All future classes on hold.

I heard it from a source within the union leadership. Also, all references to future hiring have been removed from EPIC or so I've heard (our employee website for those of you that don't work here). You many have seen the info on there on how to refer someone. I hear now the CP is saying it is a false rumor so take it all for what it's worth...

Last edited:
I found this on the "You know you are a regional FO..." thread and it reminded me of this discussion...

You actually looked forward to furlough because unemployment was an income increase and it meant you could spend more than 4 nights a month with your wife.

The captain tells you "don't worry I'm sure after the concessions are approved you'll be recalled right away" and you respond "How, I can't afford a telephone as it is".

Anaconda said:
I heard it from a source within the union leadership. Also, all references to future hiring have been removed from EPIC or so I've heard (our employee website for those of you that don't work here). You many have seen the info on there on how to refer someone. I hear now the CP is saying it is a false rumor so take it all for what it's worth...

Yep, you used the phrase "I've heard..." three times in one paragraph. I wouldn't really consider that a "source".

Someone that I spoke to from the MEC personally isn't a source? The CP office isn't a source? Do I need to speak to Don Bornhorst directly to please you? I'll edit out the "I've heard" phrases if it makes you feel better. BTW, there are more rumors about this on the ALPA board.

Last edited:
Anaconda said:
Someone that I spoke to from the MEC personally isn't a source? The CP office isn't a source? Do I need to speak to Don Bornhorst directly to please you? I'll edit out the "I've heard" phrases if it makes you feel better. BTW, there are more rumors about this on the ALPA board.

As of 7:26pm on 06-22-2006.

I have spoken to a person in that class and I can tell you it is still on. Is this a good enough of a source. I almost gave the guy a heart attack.

Latest resources

Back