• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hornet for sale, slightly used

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Hornet seems to have disappeared from Ebay. It was there last night but not today. Somebody wasn't too happy about that I imagine.

Weasil said:
The Hornet seems to have disappeared from Ebay. It was there last night but not today. Somebody wasn't too happy about that I imagine.
That's because I bought the godddammm thing just so I could fly over EagleRJs house at 3 am in full burner just to show him it could be done!

LOL

If this sale is allowed to proceed then you can count on the buyer being able to obtain the training, parts, etc, etc, to be able to fly it should he/she so desire. I think that will be the least of the buyer's concerns or worries. Someone with that kind of ca$h can usually get around most if not all hurdles/obstacles that may be present or stand in the way. CNN interviewed an ex fighter pilot and he pretty much agreed completely that this would be possible. I also think NASA is not the only one that provides the training. . . I think the problem is going to be the gov't/military's block of this sale. Should be interesting

3 5 0

according to ANN, the sale was completed.

Did it say the aircraft was airworthy? I agree with a previous post, the DOD does not allow civilian ownership of a currently operational military fighter jet. They especially won't do it under the current terrorist threat. This had to have been a damaged beyond repair airplane.

Any idea what it went for, or even what the bidding started at? The link was invalid last time I tried. I could use one of those!;)

According to ANN, it started at $1MM, plane was complete but in pieces. For $9MM, they would deliver assembled.
here's link
f-18

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back