• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Horizon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They are doing some limited hiring now. In fact, they are interviewing over the next two weeks for a class tentatively scheduled for April 12th in the Q200. They have also mentioned the possibility of a May class.

I know someone that is interviewing next week and this is the information I got from him. I believe they have already selected those to be interviewed during this round.

Last edited:
What the Hell?

Dude, too weird. I'll see how funny it is tomorrow, when I'm not intoxicated.

I GOTTA HAVE MORE COWBELL!

Horizon posted that they are going to go back to UND again in April. I talked to an old student today looking for a rec/info on life at QX and he said that they were interviewing for Q-200 spots. Looking at the training plan shows no new classes, but there are 3 captains starting upgrade on 4/26, so some of the interviews this week may be to even out that class. I did hear there is talk of a class in the Q200 in May.
Who really knows for sure though. The chief pilot said all of there expected hiring was done a month ago. But the employees here are the last to know about anything going on.

In the pizza spin last week, Gene said that there will be a class in april of 9 and a class in may of 5. He said all of the retirements for the year will be covered by the end of march, so any hiring beyond that is to cover attrition (some peeps got hired elsewhere and some f/o's are changing careers). Also, quite a few more people than usual are failing IOE, so that may open a slot or two down the road.

Mosquito said:
UND has on thier website had an opening for pilot 750 tt and 50 multi. I guess they are hiring.

This is a slap in the face to professional aviation and a disservice to paying passengers!

Last edited:
crashpad,

I happen to know one of the people scheduled to interview at Horizon in a couple of weeks. He has over 4500 hrs, almost 3000 multi and 1500 jet PIC from another regional.

Does that meet you and your "sponsor's" requirements?

Good thing you are not in charge onf anything, including that aircraft you jerk gear on.

I think most of the Horizon pilots, as well as the rest of the Horizon employees, will be glad to be off the sinking Frontier ship.

McNobb;

I don't even know what my sponsors requirements are. I've never been an advocate of abinitio programs, unless they stipulate a right seat lock of 5 years. I too sponsored a UND grad with the same time as your friend. Apparently a good choice.
I did edit the post to exclude comments about Horizon. BTW, how did you get that avatar to speak in tongues? It really scared some sense into me.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back