Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lowtimedriver

Marmott Stalker
Spoke with a Horizon Captain at SeaTac last Saturday. He said that Horizon may be getting rid of their CRJ's and will go with all Q-400's, or will compliment the line with ERJ-190's. He cited that CRJ's have high operating costs. Can anyone confirm?

I approve of your avatar.

Spoke with a Horizon Captain at SeaTac last Saturday. He said that Horizon may be getting rid of their CRJ's and will go with all Q-400's, or will compliment the line with ERJ-190's. He cited that CRJ's have high operating costs. Can anyone confirm?

I think mismanagement would like to park em. They claim we can't make any money on them bent wing pencil-liners but what do you expect when you run em between pdx-geg.

One rumor on the street is that Alaska will be asking for an RFP for 100 seat flying. Maybe Mesa will be the new Alaska Express!

The other rumor is that mismanagement wants the rj's parked and that will be our pay concession for the next contract. I'm not sure I believe either rumor. The one I'm sticking with is that metro's and f-27's are coming back!

Saretsky's hotline at alaska....

"In addition, you should expect us to continue to reallocate our fleet from underperforming markets to ones with greater potential. This means that certain markets will likely be cut from our network with the start of the fall schedule, the specifics of which will probably be announced during our first quarter analyst conference call on April 24th. The Horizon Air fleet and network is also being completely revamped and details of the changes will be part of our April 24th analyst call".

I guess we will see what happens......

Latest resources

Back