Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Horizon Taking Over Routes For Great Lakes In Denver???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe that Frontier and Great Lakes already work together in some sort of code share. I heard some news for those waiting for class...that of the 75 furloughed, almost all are NOT coming back, so there could be a class soon. Good luck to all those swimming.

MBB said:
I believe that Frontier and Great Lakes already work together in some sort of code share. I heard some news for those waiting for class...that of the 75 furloughed, almost all are NOT coming back, so there could be a class soon. Good luck to all those swimming.
Wonder WHY the 75 aren't coming back? :)

Please keep things constructive. Everyone has their own path, some through GLA and some through other avenues.

LT. Dangle said:
I heard a rumor through a buddy that Frontier wants Horizon to bring Dash 8-200's over to Denver and take over the flying that Great Lakes currently is doing. Anybody else heard this rumor? It seems to make pretty good sense.
I heard that same rumor only with the use of the DH8D's.

However, ALPA is supposed to be negotiating for Alaska to have operational control over the Horizon CRJ's, making Horizon an all turbo prop fleet!

dispatcher121 said:
I heard that same rumor only with the use of the DH8D's.

However, ALPA is supposed to be negotiating for Alaska to have operational control over the Horizon CRJ's, making Horizon an all turbo prop fleet!
Okay, I don't know where you heard this one from, but I think it is time to put the crack pipe down. I couldn't see Alaska doing this to us.

Now, lets get back to some real rumors.....getting rid of 20 Q200's to pick up 12 Q400's. Please don't let it be true!!!!!!

rgnlwannabe,

You haven't been in the bussness long, have you? Major pilots will always look out for thenselves, even at the expense of their regional partners. The W/Os are no different than the independents. Just ask a PSA guy if his major partner is looking out for him.

Saddly, we'd do the same thing if we were in their shoes.

Don't underestimate the solidarity and cohesiveness of our pilot group. We have profound respect for our codeshare pilots and a clear understanding of their importance to our mutual success.

Last edited:
Bako Cap said:
rgnlwannabe,

You haven't been in the bussness long, have you? Major pilots will always look out for thenselves, even at the expense of their regional partners. The W/Os are no different than the independents. Just ask a PSA guy if his major partner is looking out for him.

Saddly, we'd do the same thing if we were in their shoes.
I think you mis-understood what I meant. I could definetely see Alaska getting some scope, because they have none. But I could not see Alaska taking over our RJ's, which is what dispatch guy made it sound like

Latest resources

Back