Horizon Screws up Again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

nosewheel

Flight 2376 on 18 Sept departing SEA- GEG at 0200 pm, took a delay due to a mechanical (so they say) and of coarse this rebounded through out there system due to not having a back-up aircraft. When the aircraft did arrive, they told the pax that they will be sending the 0300 pm pax to GEG first and the 0200 pax will have to wait untill the next flight. This did not sit well with most of the folks (including me) and upset as most were, did not get any help or info from the gate agents who were beginning to get frustrated as well and, outwardly projected this to the passengers in and un-professional way.When we finally boarded the flight one passenger arrived in the front of the aircraft and could see that his seat a few rows back was taken and kindly asked the FA if she could investigate.The person in that seat admitted his error and offered to move to his assigned seat but the other pax who had that seat gracefully offered to take the persons seat in order to expedite the boarding process. Meanwhile a large male FA in the rear of the aircraft was watching this all take place and obviously assumed there was a major problem, stormed up to the front and started yelling at the guy to sit down or get off the aircraft. His attitude was more like that of a bouncer in a titty bar. Most all of the pax responded to this FA and a yelling match and threats flew in both directions with the FA threatening to throw several of the pax off the aircraft. Meanwhile the female FA on board became a referee between the pax and the male FA who was in my opinion ready to go to war. The station manager finally arrived and at the same time the Captain came out of the cockpit and the yelling continued. The Capt's only word's to one of the pax ( who was the one in the wrong seat ) was that if he wanted to continue to GEG to just shut up and sit on your hands or get off the aircraft. He was simply trying to explain that ther was No conflict between him and the pax who belonged to the seat and that the Male FA was the one causing the problems here. Everyone finally settled down after this and the door was closed and we departed. I spoke to two of the gentlemen who the FA directed most of his agression to and found out that they were fairly high profile buisiness men who travel the world frequently for buisiness and appeared very credible in my opinion.There is much more to this story but, to long to discuss here.
My past experiences with Horizon have not been very good but this one takes the cake. If I had been the Captain on that flight I would have run the Male FA off the aircraft and recommended his termination immediately however I think this Capt was more concerned about launching this already delayed flight. In my opinion Horizon had better get there act together and begin to look a little closer at some of the people they hire or have on the property now. I,m sure they lost many customers that day as a result all this.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you have against Frontier in specific, but I don't think it's a big stretch to say that an incident along these lines could've occurred at practically any company you can name.

The Capt of the flight may have not seen the big picture. What if the first thing he saw was one of the "nice" pax responding in a a not so nice way to the big fat male F/A who really caused the problem in the first place.

If I were you, as a B747 flight crewmember who had a ticket, would have been to write a little note to the Capt and be sure he got it on the way out. Be the last one off the plane, introduce yourself breifly, give him your version of what happened, and let him deal with the big fat male F/A later.

I fly Horizon a lot. The planes are packed and folks are getting used to $39 fares between Seattle and Spokane. I've been on the wrong end of the plane cancellation rule, too. Always thought it was wrong that if your flight cancels because of wx or mx that you go into standby list hell. Is it just Horizon or do all the airlines do this?

First off, I never said the FA was fat. He was built more like a wrestler and I,m sure he new he could intimidate most folks by his size. I wish that I could have talked to the Captain but he kept the door closed untill everyone was off the flight. I personally was hit by long delays since departing Europe and had been up for 36 hours and just wanted to get home. The female FA was involved with the whole thing and she did sit with me for a few minutes and we discused the problem.She was obviously scared and shaken by the events and was not on the side of her collegue. I think that her report if she files it, should be enough to convince the company that the man was way out of control. Also, many of the Pax got together after the flight flight to exchange addresses and notes so I'm sure Horizon hasn't heard the last of this.
I have nothing against Horizon other than I have not seen a whole lot of improvement in there service in the past few years, as well as some of the other carriers. The traveling public are TIRED of the B.S. and don,t like to fly anymore. I personally dread the thought of having to commute to and from work because it's just not fun any more. The airlines are struggling to stay in buisiness but they continue to screw up more and more. Customer service has almost gone away and in some cases the passenger is treated like the airline is doing them a favor .

Last edited:
You get what you pay for moron!!

Did you stop and think the reason most airline employees act the way they do is because they are tired of taking paycuts so that you can have your "cheap" tickets.

Welcome to the Wal Mart world of tomorrow!!!
If you don't like it fly SWA!

you know, this kinda thing happens every day. Somebody gets a burr up their ass about something and somebody else gets on a power trip. The next time those same people who say "I'll never fly this airline again..." go looking for tickets, they'll still buy whatever works out for them money-wise, time-wise or whatever.

Frontier?

I.P. Freley said:
I'm not sure what you have against Frontier in specific, but I don't think it's a big stretch to say that an incident along these lines could've occurred at practically any company you can name.
Frontier? I believe the poster said it was Horizon, going between GEG and SEA - that would be under the Alaska codeshare, not Frontier...am I missing something?

Latest resources

Back