Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

crashpad

"Why do you come to me?"
Is there anyone out there who was Denver based and recently got an interview or hired at Frontier? It seems a lot of their F/As' were picked up and I was wondering if that courtesy was extended to the pilots as well?

That's a crying shame because, while the RJ isn't my first choice to serve passengers from a major city, I did ride on them enough to know that both the pilots and the F/As' were very good at what they did.
I would welcome the opportunity to be pm'd by any Horizon Captains who are based in Denver.

Do FAs need a silver bullet over there as well? Probably not. Once the bullet thing goes maybe some quality applicants will get a shot, not just 1000 pic kids whose Dad has been totting the line. Just my two cents....many quality Horizon guys will never get a shot without the lame ass bullet. If you work for Horizon..save yourself an eventual furlough and stay with what works.

Do FAs need a silver bullet over there as well? Probably not. Once the bullet thing goes maybe some quality applicants will get a shot, not just 1000 pic kids whose Dad has been totting the line. Just my two cents....many quality Horizon guys will never get a shot without the lame ass bullet. If you work for Horizon..save yourself an eventual furlough and stay with what works.

Uh.....dude, the silver bullet thing was for Alaska, not Frontier.:nuts:

Uh dude...you are an idiot..you obviously know nothing about Frontier or getting hired there

He was saying that the "silver bullet" is an Alaska Airlines thing. Which it was, years ago, before Frontier was reincarnated, and before F9 required a secret handshake and friend to be hired . The term "sliver bullet" was invented by Alaska. Guess Frontier now calls an important rec a "silver bullet" as well. He was just stating fact.

I think the reason most Horizon Captains in DEN will not go to F9 is they fall into two categories. They either
A) Have been at Horizon twice as long as F9 has been around, commute from PDX or BOI anyway so will just go back to flying for QX as they always have, make good $$ and have no reason to consider F9 (or any other airline for that matter).
B) Have still been at Horizon 9-12 years and are going to SWA, AK, FDX or still live in PDX or SEA and will just go back to flying for QX out west. So few are really tied to DEN enough to want to take the pay cut to fly for F9.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back