Horizon in MSP?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

justmeinmsp

I saw a Horizon CRJ in MSP today (3-15). Are they flying to MSP on a schedule or was it something else, like a charter? Anyone know?

msp

Was it in Horizon colors or Frontier? I thought that there would be no swaping of A/C to cover schedules.

Must have been an A/C swap or something due to MX. Can't think of any other reason there would be a QX painted RJ in MSP.

I saw one a few weeks ago, and it had an animal on the tail, definately Frontier.

To answer, yes, it is a flight operated by QX for Frontier as JetExpress to Denver. All the flight numbers in the 4000's are F9 flights. They are allowed to interchange QX airplanes and F9 painted airplanes as needed. Last week there was a jet with Rocky the Racoon on the tail that flew for the Horizon side of the house from BOI-SJC.

Q400's

Talking about Horizon in MSP. I spoke with a friend of mine who is a senior Horizon cpt. He said there have been talks about putting the Q400s in MSP flying for NWA. Especially when Mesaba was going to strike. Anyone else here about this?:confused:

That would create a conflict of interest for their pilots and since they are the industry leaders of the feeders, we can sleep better knowing they will continue demonstrate the highest professional standards.

Latest resources

Back