Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

QOL_is_great:)

What the?
How does the Horizon pilot group feel about going all props? Q400 is nice, big and fast, but will some be happy and/or sad to see the jets go? How will this impact the pay scale for the jet guys? Will this effect hiring (speed up or slow down)?

I assume that they will be mildly annoyed at losing the upper end of their payscale, as well as numerous pilot jobs.

How does the Horizon pilot group feel about going all props? Q400 is nice, big and fast, but will some be happy and/or sad to see the jets go? How will this impact the pay scale for the jet guys? Will this effect hiring (speed up or slow down)?

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=111943

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=112246

I think most the guys that fly it will be disappointed to see it go. I imagine if anyone gets furloughed (a possibility), they'll be disappointed to see it go.

Losing our jet pay scales is a bummer. Some guys might get a double whammy: lose the left seat and not be able to return to jet FO pay.

We're potentially losing 17 airframes, requiring approximately 170 fewer pilots than we have today, so, yes, knowing QX management, we'll probably continue hiring.

On the up-side, the 400 schedules might improve a bit (more high block segments, better utilization, more variety in overnights). And it should improve our unity, as everyone will be dealing with the same crap two years from now.

Do we know they are losing numerous jobs? I know this is one hella wild side-armed throw but I could see them picking up more Q400s. Possibly Lynx in a purchase from Frontier?

Don't know for sure, but it doesn't look too good...

Attrition is normally low at QX under the best of circumstances...now add in age 65 and major airline slowdowns.

I think they are getting more Q's, but not enough to cover the loss of RJ's.

If they buy another airline, they will almost certainly inherit the pilot group that goes with them. In the past they could have simply simply stapled (and then furloughed) a pilot group from a new airline like Lynx (due to lack of scope and successorship clauses), but congress actually just passed a law to prevent that sort thing in the future...REGARDLESS of contract or union status, integration will have to be fair and equitable (if that's possible). This law was a direct result of the AA/TWA rape-and-pillage (but 7 years too late).

I think he means if Frontier goes out of business then we could pick up some 4 hundies. Long live the animal!

215 furloughs, from chief pilots mouth (if no attrition) and he is also advocating for current pilots to work else where i.e. over seas, again from his mouth.

All of course, subject to change

Not Good

215 furloughs, from chief pilots mouth (if no attrition)

There will be people leaving. The people I know have already began to look.

Hard to believe that if were still there I would just be upgrading now and downgraded later this year. (only 5 1/2 years)

As for the options, I think they will exercise 8-10 options, but I would be shocked to see anymore than that. All in all if they have to furlough it will be for 30 people (but hopefully zero)

Latest resources

Back