horizon airlines questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

montanapilot

I recently interviewed at Horizon and have a class date assuming i pass the sim ride. (they want me to fly it one more time). If i pass the sim ride they want me in the 200 class for Dec 17th.

I was wondering if any current pilots could chime in.

What does life look like for a PDX 200 new hire? (I live in PDX so no commute worries)

What do you like/dislike about horizon?

I know the upgrade time is long, is there any chance of it coming down in the near future?

How is your relationship with management? Good/Bad/Ugly?

How much longer is the 200 going to be around?

How long is reserve at PDX for the 200?

Are there many guys going thru to Alaska with the 2000hrs SIC time interview offer?

Thanks so much for all your info, i have a ton of questions and just wanna see the inside scoop from some of you who are there.

Aren't these sort of things you should have known before you went to the interview. After all, I wouldn't want to work for a company if I didn't know at all what to expect.

Skip horizon and commute to a regional with a quick upgrade time...you'll regret it later otherwise.

If you live in SEA or PDX your in a good position. If not go to SKW or one of Republic's

Update: Horizon management has now decided to slash new-hire 401k contributions. Let me assure you that this is only a precursor of what is to come of this company. Also keep in mind that although Air Group management is slashing benefits to its employees, they is are not giving up anything from their own pockets. beware!

Really!? That sucks! The Horizon 401(k) rocked! 100% match of up to 10% employee contribution. What are they making it now?

I'm guessing they took it away just so the union would have to expend some bargaining capital to get it back in negotiations :(.

New match is up to 6% of employee contribution. Art was quick to point it is still the best plan in the industry.

Latest resources

Back