• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Hooters Air?

I am reposting an old message with some additions:

Try these links:
http://www.flypace.com/

http://www.hootersair.com/

HootersAir

A bunch of laid back and very good folks, lots of them from the original Piedmont.

Previous pay info is correct: F/O ~$35K/year, C/A ~80K/year, per diem $1.35/hour. Hope this helps.

I believe they might be hiring pretty soon (Supposedly about to sign another charter contract. Bruce Foster is their current Chief Pilot – great guy, contact him if you’re looking for a job)

“Yes they did get bought or sold some of the operation to the Hooters guy.”

- Hooters owner, Mr. Brooks bought Pace Airlines some 2-3 years ago.

“The Hooters operation is only part of Pace.”

- True, but Mr. Brooks owns the “remaining” part of Pace as well. For now it is still operated under name “Pace,” but eventually I think most if not all airplanes will be painted orange and who knows, they might even change their callsign (HOOTIE, OWL, ……? ;)).

They operate 737’s and 757’s (eight -200’s, eight -300’s, one -400 and four 757’s). Currently they are 121-supplemental but I think they are already approved to become a 121-domestic. Not sure when and if they’ll switch, possibly just the HootersAir side. Also, recently approved for ETOPS operations in their 757’s, I think the plan is to serve Hawaii from Vegas or L.A., or maybe both, not sure.

Main bases MYR and INT (Winston-Salem), and also Phoenix. Bases can and do change quite often.

They do take jumpseaters. In the past they had some problems with a few station managers trying to refuse jumpseats but I think all the problems have been resolved. If you go international (not many choices left since Vacation Express contract is gone), make sure you bring your passport; also it is best to contact their jumpseat coordinator, or dispatch to make sure your name is in the system.

I think the name PACE btw comes from “Piedmont Aviation ServiCEs.” Strange how they picked the letters but that’s what I was told.

Hope this helps, good luck everyone interested.

av80r

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back