Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cargoflyr69

V-Dub for Life
I know that Polar is an ACMI airline. How can pilots/unions at other adhoc ACMI airlines like Gemini, Kalitta, Evergreen, Cappy, ect. know that Polar management is not just shifting the freight around and subing out work to your company? Seems like it might be hard to prove which airline had the original freight contract for a particular load. It would really suck to find out after the fact that you were flying a full or partial load of struck work!

PO is a scheduled carrier and does charters too. Atlas Air is an ACMI carrier. The struck rules apply only to the scheduled freight wether it's a PO callsign, or a PO pallet is put on another carrier, as well as PO slots in NRT, ICN, and PVG.

Hope this helps.

cargoflyr69 said:
I know that Polar is an ACMI airline. How can pilots/unions at other adhoc ACMI airlines like Gemini, Kalitta, Evergreen, Cappy, ect. know that Polar management is not just shifting the freight around and subing out work to your company? Seems like it might be hard to prove which airline had the original freight contract for a particular load. It would really suck to find out after the fact that you were flying a full or partial load of struck work!

We don't have the a/c or the crews to cover additional flying. We do very little ad hoc flying. Our a/c are tied up in long term concts.........

Ahh, very good. Thanks for the responses. I just figured that Polar management would continue to bid out lift and then just subcontract it out to other airlines. Glad it doesn't work that way. Good luck to the Polar pilots!

cargoflyr69 said:
Ahh, very good. Thanks for the responses. I just figured that Polar management would continue to bid out lift and then just subcontract it out to other airlines. Glad it doesn't work that way. Good luck to the Polar pilots!

Yes, it does work that way and that's exactly what Polar management is doing.

There is no freight!! Polar was flying around empty airplanes and loosing money. Right??? Enjoy!

Last edited:
It is not that hard to find out since PO is not ACMI. If you see an airway bill #403 it's PO freight, it's as simple as that :)

Latest resources

Back