Home Depot...any news???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
chiiiirrrp chirrrpp...

the sound of crickets on a warm summer's eve. I have tried to get inside skinny on it, but haven't heard anything yet.

Tony Stewart will continue to drive the #20 Home Depot Monte Carlo this year for Joe Gibbs..........but that's probably not the news you're looking for, huh!

I meet a guy who flys for a developer who builds for Home Depot. It seems the pilots fly for the developer, Home Depot, and S. Truett Cathy(founder chic-fil-a) in some X's and other aircraft. Home Depot has at least one airplane at Newnan, GA (CCO)

flychick45 said:
Any idea who to contact for a job at Home Depot's Flight Dept?
Even if someone walks your stuff in, you'll still get a postcard asking you to register your resume and other info through their website. Best to start there.

home depot does not have a plane at newnan, ga. Chicfila and stan thomas have a shared plane there. unless u want redneck, underpaid, over religious bak woods job stay away. they will however for $10,000 let u ride right seat in there X to build time. That is if the CEO of CFA isnt flying in it. Fact: Accident rate is 60% more likely if a non professional pilot is in the cockpit of a business jet. Have agood day.

FlyFlyFly said:
chiiiirrrp chirrrpp...

I have tried to get inside skinny on it, but haven't heard anything yet.

I filled out the online application last week but haven't heard anything either...OH, wait a minute !! That was for a job wearing an orange apron and stocking shelves.

That's probably not what you were talking about...

I did rather enjoy the part where I had to enter the hourly wage from my last employer...they're probably thinking it's a typo.

mxflyer said:
home depot does not have a plane at newnan, ga. Chicfila and stan thomas have a shared plane there. unless u want redneck, underpaid, over religious bak woods job stay away. they will however for $10,000 let u ride right seat in there X to build time. That is if the CEO of CFA isnt flying in it. Fact: Accident rate is 60% more likely if a non professional pilot is in the cockpit of a business jet. Have agood day.

Yes, the Home Depot is based at FTY. I don't believe that they share their aircraft with anyone.

As for the Chickfila, you accurately described their corporate culture. I can't believe that old guy that owns it can fly though. They may be a bunch of religious nuts, but they make the best chicken sandwich in the world (I understand that they marinate the chicken in dill pickle juice).

Job Detail
Details for the job you selected are listed below. Use the appropriate buttons to apply for the job or send information about the job to a friend.

Job Title: AVIATION COPILOT
Position Detail
Company Corporate Careers
Post Date 12/17/2004
Title AVIATION COPILOT
Req # 14825
Job Category Aviation
Division The Home Depot
Job Type full time
Job Status regular
Travel 26-50%
Relocation Available Yes
Location Atlanta, GA
Country USA

Job Detail
Position Purpose
Act as co-pilot (second-in-command) on Home Depot assigned aircraft. May hold co-pilot qualifications for two types of aircraft. Assists the captain in performing pre-flight, flight, and post-flight duties.

Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities

Ensure compliance with FAA and company regulations and advise personnel of changes in procedures and industry innovations; Be thoroughly familiar and comply with Federal Aviation Regulations and company policies and procedures.
Maintain adherence to the Aircraft security policies as outlined in section 4.60 as well as Base Operations security policies as outlined in section 6.2.0 of this manual.
Maintain strict adherence to the procedures and policies in accordance with the approved Operations Manual.
Assist in the preparation for flight and will perform such duties as designated by the Pilot-In-Command while in flight and during flight preparation
Be prepared to assume the duties of the PIC during the PIC's absence or in the event the PIC becomes incapacitated
Ensure that the aircraft is thoroughly clean and inspected prior to each flight; Ensure that the aircraft is supplied with the necessary passenger convenience items and passenger briefing cards
Maintain logs and forms as directed by the Pilot-In-Command
Maintain personnel records, medical and airman certificates, records of proficiency checks, and other documents as may be required to verify qualification and currency in the assigned aircraft;
Maintain logs and forms as directed by the Pilot-In-Command; Maintain proficiency in the type(s) of aircraft assigned in accordance with FAR Part 61 and the Flight Operations manual;

Nature and Scope

Typcally reports to Chief Pilot
No direct responsibility for supervising others.

Essential Functions: Environmental Job Requirements
Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights. Typically requires overnight travel more than 50% of the time.

Minimum Qualifications

Must be eighteen years of age or older
Must pass the Drug Test
Must pass the Background Check
Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education Required - The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience - 5

Job Description

Physical Job Requirements - Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.

Preferred Qualifications

Associates Degree is Preferred
Current FAA first class Medical Certificate/ FAA Air Transport Pilot Certificate
A total of 2000 hours are required. Of which 500 needs to be Jet and 500 Pilot-in-Command experience.
Ability to achieve type rating in Home Depot owned/ leased jet aircraft within one year of date of hire.

Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies

Must be able to complete non-flight projects assigned by Chief Pilot or Assistant Chief Pilot.
Team player, well groomed appearance, effective communicator
Must be able to balance flight responsibilities as well as the non-flight responsibilities that come with being an Aviation Co-Pilot

Experience: 5 years

Education: HS Diploma

Latest resources

Back