Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atpcliff

Hi!

Is there any fractional that is considering home basing? I would consider a fractional, but it seems that living in GRB will not work for any of them.

CLiff
YIP

NJA is currently only hiring for 5 domiciles these days - TEB, PBI, DAL, CMH and LAX. That said, there is some conjecture that if the company has a hard time hiring into only those 5 cities, that they may either add domiciles or even just give HBA (Home Base Airport) to all pilots on the seniority list.

Flight Options/NetJets

- To the person looking for a base in chicago, flight options has one there I believe, and citation shares may... I can't remember. good luck

- To the folks with info on NetJets, how are the domiciles handed out by management? Is it seniority based where places like LAX are most junior and DFW are more senior, or is it random? I'm assuming at the interview, they ask you for your preference, but then put you where they need you... is there any truth to this assumption?

Right now it appears that they are asking prospective employees to list a first and second choice for their domicile. So far, new hires have reported that they've all gotten their first choice.

That being said, there are no guarantees that will continue. NetJets has the right to assign any new hire to any of the 5 domiciles.

The only saving grace to the situation is that they tell you what domicile and aircraft you've been assigned to prior to you taking the job. If you don't like it, don't take the job.

I'll also point out that without a training commitment, NetJets might find itself losing newly hired and trained pilots during the first couple of years if they find better jobs that allow them to live where they want.

Netjets -30% HBA now?

So with the new TA, has NetJets implemented the 30%HBA or is it something they CAN do?

jsingel said:
So with the new TA, has NetJets implemented the 30%HBA or is it something they CAN do?

Currently there are more than 30% of the pillots in the HBA. More like 90%. It is their intent to lower that ratio to no less than 30% by duping newhires into moving to the domiciles over time.

Latest resources

Back