Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Holding out for a better dispatching job?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Other ways to use your dispatching skills and more $$$

If it's so miserable, go do something else.

I did along time ago.. Flying military is like Supp on Steroids... alot of neat places, sudden missions, enroute refueling is like flight planning to a distination in the sky, then releasing to a target or landing..

It takes alot of work to finding these hidden jobs, as they don't even call them flight dispatchers, or other airline type names, you have to read the job details and model your resume and cover letter to make the case...

6 Figures is very doable on these type of positions.. So I for one will not be looking back to civilian flight ops.. thought my time there was very rewarding..

Took me 7 years before I landed at a Major..this is a "pay your dues" industry, gotta pay your dues son!

I know this is an old thread, but thought I'd add something for the newly certificated people.

Don't overlook corporate dispatching. A surprising number of large corporations have internal dispatch and entire aviation units. I got a job 2 months after being certified as a dispatcher for one of the world's largest oil companies. With OT, I'm on schedule to make almost $90k this year as a starting wage...3-4 times as much as offered at regionals when I was applying.

I'm not bragging, but it CAN happen. Just don't pass something up because you don't think you'd get it. Look at large businesses, not just airlines.

Latest resources

Back