• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Yellow Snow

never eat the yellow snow
Skyway in Kissimmee

Still in bidness?
Hiring?
Single pilot or using F/Os?
If using F/Os what would be realistic minimums?
Would you want to work there if they are hiring?

discuss

Yellow Snow said:
Skyway in Kissimmee

Still in bidness?
Hiring?

discuss

A friend of mine worked there for a bit, he was an A&P and they promised him right seat time. It never materialized, and he knew someone else that worked there that got the shaft too.

Word on the street is that Air Cargo Carriers at MKE is the better company, by a couple magnitudes.

~wheelsup

Yellow Snow said:
Skyway in Kissimmee

Still in bidness?
Hiring?

discuss

Barely in bidness..... they seem to be pulling off most of their contracts. Seems they are selling airplanes to "Carabex", which may or may not be involved with M&N Aviation in SJU.

They always seem to be hiring.... the length of stay for the current employee is pretty short.

The Shorts requires two pilots.

Two arms, to legs, and a pulse..... knowledge of the FAR's not required.

Worked there for two years, they typed me on the Shorts, and made some great friends, learned ALOT about flying for a living, but wouldn't do it again

If do go and work for Tom and Ron's flying circus, please tell them I said Hi!

If you want to go to work for a great Shorts operator that WILL treat you right, call Air Cargo Carriers. Their even looking for Captain's nowdays if you got the time. Tell Steve and Edsel I said too......

EatSleepFly said:
What kind of time are they (ACC) looking for off the street Captains to have?

They've got a pretty firm 500 multi requirement for insurance I think.

~wheelsup

Its not that I really want to fly shorts. I do really want to get paid to fly though. I will apply at ACC but I don't hold out much hope, I Just passed six hundred hours so I am not really competitive yet. I e-mailed the chief at Skyway and got no reply so either the website is wrong or they want nothing to do with me. I do have 235 multi though so maybe someone who hires low timers will give me a shot.

At that time you should have hope in ACC, they tend to hire lower time guys in the right seat. With 600 hours, give it a year or so and you stand upgrading at ACC(forget about it with SkyWay, unless you want to purchase a Shorts type or sign a two year contract).

Plus, you don't want to work for Tom Tom anyway, just fly up to YIP and mention his name! People have been known to get shot around there for bringing him up!

Latest resources

Back