Hitting the wall at RAH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Axel

April 26 (Reuters) - Republic Airways Holdings Inc. (RJET.O: Quote, Profile , Research) said higher-than-planned pilot attrition rates and mechanical challenges related to its CRJ fleet will results in a slow down in the airline holding company's growth plan for the rest of 2007.
In a conference call with analysts on Thursday, the company said it sees an additional $4 million to $5 million of pretax transition costs in its second quarter.
The company said these costs are related to additional training expense and decreased pretax profits associated with reduced revenue and non-productive aircraft costs.

Republic Airways said it now expects the third quarter to be hurt by $6 million to $7 million, and the fourth quarter by $1 million to $2 million.
The company experienced about 20 percent pilot attrition in the latest first quarter, and said if the attrition rate continues at that level, it could mean additional expenses of $4 million to $5 million, pretax, in calendar year 2008.
Shares of the company fell 8 percent to $21.69 in afternoon trade on the Nasdaq. (Reporting by Sreerupa Mitra in Bangalore)

I told them we needed more pilot about a year ago. Who knew they wouldn't listen to a junior FO?

well there goes the savings they got when they brought those tired ass CRJs on line oh well there goes the bounses this year!!

well there goes the savings they got when they brought those tired ass CRJs on line oh well there goes the bounses this year!!

No, they'll still give themselves the bonuses. They'll just use this as an excuse to try not giving the pilots a pay raise during the upcoming contract negotiations.

Is that why they scheduled me for an interview and then 2 days later emailed me and told me suddenly I didn't meet their qualifications?

Is that why they scheduled me for an interview and then 2 days later emailed me and told me suddenly I didn't meet their qualifications?
Ha! I got one better. I turned down their offer to interview last month and got the "did not meet qualifications" letter 2 days ago.

Latest resources

Back